Splash Screen Idea

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

rivalin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Splash Screen Idea

Post by rivalin »

Just had an idea for some new splash screens, but I wanted to get some feedback first on if people would be interested or not before putting any work into it. Right now there's a couple of really excellent splash screens like the one by Oblivion and the Fraternal War one, the rest are nice, (though the whole goofy comedy sci fi vibe doesn't do anything for me personally). Anyway I've been trying to come up with a method I could use to create a series of consistent splash screens that would be a bit more "arty", like the aforementioned two. What I came up with is to do a series of impressionistic-esque/concept art overpaint pictures of different VS ships. This is just a very quickly knocked up one;

I'd appreciate some feedback on whether it's worth doing, and don't worry about sparing my feelings :D If it looks like it was done by a five year old just tell me and I'll get on with something else.
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

I like the planet one a lot. I don't like the color scheme on the clydesdale all that much, but it does add a bit of contrast with the generally dark space scenes in the game. I'm by no means the utter arbiter of truth though, so we'll wait and see what he says I guess. :)