Intro Video

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

rivalin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Intro Video

Post by rivalin »

I thought I'd start a WIP thread on the animation I'm working on for when Vegastrike starts up. JackS mentioned plans for a full CG intro movie, this isn't that, it's what would show just before that. In the way most commercial games do intros, there's a logo animation for the devloper, then the publisher, then the game logo (what I'm doing) then the actual story intro movie. Sometimes the game logo is shown after the main intro sometimes before, but if this is approved then that can be decided later.

I'm thinking of a few different ideas and I wanted to get people's opinions on which sounds best.

1.Camera tracks in from the front of the logo with motion blur, stops there for a few seconds then continues towards and through the logo.

2.Camera faces the logo with the focus depth way off, screen is blurred, camera slowly focuses in on logo until it's fully resolved.

3.Apply some sort of luminosity to the logo; the luminosity starts high, with a white screen, then slowly adjusts down so the logo can be seen clearly for a few seconds, then luminosity decreases further until the screen fades out.

I have some other ideas for the background but I presume that the Vegastrike text has to be purple and the background has to be black so that's what I'm working with now.

Here's a little shot of the text in 3D in a prelim render, thought people might like it as a desktop background or something.

ps it would be cool if there was a section in downloads for desktop wallpapers or something, would help promote the game and maybe encourage people to come up with some interesting designs.
Gustav
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Gustav »

Great idea. Just one thing I want to mention...

I don't think that the game needs intro screens just because other games follow the same trend. Just stick to giving the player a feel for what the game and the community working on it, is all about... (in only a few seconds).

As to your options, I'l have to see something first (even a thumbnal render) to give a choice.

Anyway, look forward to seeing your intro!

Forgot to ask: Where did you get the logo. Or rather, what font type did you use? I need it for my splash screens... thanks