CT-2000 - LIHW Wake Industries Corporate Shuttle

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

pyramid wrote:I was able to view the ship in blender but that's about how far I've got for now.
After a lot of practice + the UnitConverter, the ship is now in the data set.

I feel that the textures feel dull overall, and they are not following the typical aera color scheme (green). Also a shield mesh would be welcome.
rivalin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by rivalin »

pyramid wrote:
pyramid wrote:I was able to view the ship in blender but that's about how far I've got for now.
After a lot of practice + the UnitConverter, the ship is now in the data set.

I feel that the textures feel dull overall, and they are not following the typical aera color scheme (green). Also a shield mesh would be welcome.
The textures, while preliminary anyway, look like that because they were made with Chuck's cinemut LaGrande noodle, I'm not much of a texturerer in any case.

Also oops, we came to the conclusion early in the thread that as you said, it probably wasn't close enough to looking Aeran, so JackS said it could be classed as a LIHW ship by a small company.

It's supposed to be a lear jet type corporate transport ship, for two pilots and 10-20 passengers, called the Wake Industries CT-2000. I'm planning on doing a CT-1000 and CT-3000 as well, a larger corporate liner and a small corporate limo type thing. Sorry for the mix up, if you want to keep using it as the Prytanis that's cool, it's just that I believe it had already been modelled anyway :?:
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

rivalin wrote: JackS said it could be classed as a LIHW ship by a small company.
My bad, must have missed that somewhat. Means I'll make it a private ship. And for the real Prytanis we have only concept art not the model as far as I know, but I can check that.
rivalin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by rivalin »

There's some confusing stuff about it in this thread; http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... t=prytanis where someone elese then mentions having made another model before so I havn't a clue what's going on there. Prytanis not being mentioned in the thread's title confuses things even more

ps sorry to be a pedant but it's a corporate shuttle rather than a cargo one, or rather it has a cargo of fat guys n business suits :D
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

That other thread has started as concept proposal for the Prytanis but the ship ended up as the Emu, so the thread header is correct.
rivalin wrote:sorry to be a pedant but it's a corporate shuttle rather than a cargo one, or rather it has a cargo of fat guys n business suits :D
No woes. Thread title changed accordingly.
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

The new master model (.wings) has been put into the svn. The old textures are not compatible with the uv unwrap. I'd propose that the ship receives new texturing.

The scale ingame was adjusted to around 50m length.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Re: CT-2000 - LIHW Wake Industries Corporate Shuttle

Post by Fendorin »

here a proposition for the civilian version:

if you think the color scheme are good for THE WAKE INDUSTRY compagnie
then i should texture the CT1000&CT3000
rivalin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by rivalin »

Perfect! That's almost exactly what I was thinking of when I originally envisaged how they'd look, really great stuff.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

then i m happy to match well.

I will texture the other's vessels of the Wake industry.
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Turbo »

Complete with maneuvering thrusters. Sweet!
Turbo

There are two speeds in combat: stopped, and as fast as you can go. Unless you run into something, going fast keeps you alive more often than stopping.