Newcomer blender artist with a spaceblimp.

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

darkevilme
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Newcomer blender artist with a spaceblimp.

Post by darkevilme »

Greetings I am Darkevilme, an average Blender artist novice texture artist considering contributing a bit of my hobby time to Vegastrike. Most of my work can be found here bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?t=117063
Scroll down a bit as my work improved over the course of that thread.

As for art I have produced this as a concept doodle in blender for a Vegastrike cruiser of some description.
Perhaps it fits in, at any rate i couldnt find much concept art or style guides or even a colour palette for the various races(cept the Rlan) to help me tell if this sorta appearance is suitable.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome darkevilme there are some art style guidelines in the wiki also the concept descriptions for each individual ship can be useful.If you have any specific questions just ask 8)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
darkevilme
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by darkevilme »

The art style guidelines are for the most part empty. I'll admit i havent played vegastrike for very long but is it true that currently the Uln, who attack me for nebulous reasons with varying results and civilian craft, have no actual native combat craft of their own yet?

If so as much as i'm loathe to make life harder for myself in the game could someone fill me in on the Uln colour palette and style?
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

Hello Darklevine

Welcome
your ship is nice i thought a forsaken for "refueling armed cruser"
darkevilme
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by darkevilme »

Forsaken, the people who made the Hyena yes? so if i up the polycount and make it sorta rugged oldtech looking brown texture wise the spaceblimp could become a Forsaken cruiser? Sweet :)
safemode
Developer
Developer

Post by safemode »

i think he meant, forsaken tanker. As in, a big fueling tanker for cruisers. Since technically, big ships that may still have chemical thrusters, can't dock to refuel. Think maybe BSG in how how they have fuel creating tanker ships that have to be available to the fleet to continue to supply consumable fuels. :)

edit: I think it would also be cool looking to put maybe 2 bands around the tanker portion. Like how a barrel has a metal band on the top and bottom. They would act as reinforced mounts for turrets to protect the tanker on all sides.
Ed Sweetman endorses this message.
darkevilme
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by darkevilme »

How gun happy are cruisers in Vegastrike? there's three fixed axis guns, six turrets on this thing. How many weapons would it need to be considered a frigate or something? And subtle bands would be neat, i want it to still look somewhat blimp like though.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

Yes Forsaken is mixed old-school style (isn't injury) and new because they can't find all ship in "space garbage " wink:

for your gun displacement problem i have solution create your ship like you want but show the VS ship : most of them is "unvisible gun" i already thought is better like than you can put what you want in your CVS file

but for cruiser you can show off some realy principal gun (spinal maybe)
and displaying some turret around or little black mark on your diffuse map could be a missile hatch

is just my point of view