New Artist Looking to Help

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

RUNLEVELFIVE
Explorer
Explorer

New Artist Looking to Help

Post by RUNLEVELFIVE »

Dear VegaStrike Dev's and Artists,

I would like to help out in what ever form I can. I have been playing the 0.50 since beta. on WIN98 /Ubuntu Linux. Nice job.

I work with blender and have a lot of graphic design / Illustration work / with a heavy interest in architecture. I was actually working on a entire space city.

I have been over alot of the dev wiki's and see alot of space craft needs work. I also see in game there are bases (medical - fighter bases etc. that need work.

let me know how I can help.

RL5...
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Re: New Artist Looking to Help

Post by pyramid »

Welcome RL5,

The most urgent task currently is re-texturing of vessels. Please see this post for more info http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... hp?p=97502.

There are also many posts related to the new shader development, so you might have a peek at those, though a generic approach hasn't been worked out yet. It would be good to have somebody describing the texturing process on the wiki.

Creating new vessels or installations should be lower prio but is a possible task as well as the others listed on the wiki under development art-related.
RUNLEVELFIVE
Explorer
Explorer

.xmesh format editing

Post by RUNLEVELFIVE »

total noob question here... I loaded the "view all missions" and I am trying to edit one of the .xmesh format. Blender does not load it .. is the original obj out there somewhere or is there another way.

_Thanks!

n@
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

You could use mesher our converter utility to get the xmesh to obj format and the import that into blender.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
RUNLEVELFIVE
Explorer
Explorer

Xmesh to OBJ tutorial

Post by RUNLEVELFIVE »

what would the command line options be for this

Thanks!
RUNLEVELFIVE
Explorer
Explorer

xmesh to obj command line

Post by RUNLEVELFIVE »

I got working and into blender I want to double check that the following is correct:

Code: Select all

mesh.exe admonisher.bfxm admonisher.obj boc -x-y-z 
is that the best set of veriables?

n@

ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

-x y and z are to translate the mesh (it must be centered with the cockpit at 0,0,0 I believe)

In most cases, you don't need the -x, -y or -z arguemnts so just leave them out (the mesher is very touchy with arguments so if you do something wrong it will just crash or something).

so you do "mesher.exe something.bfxm something.obj boc" (the same thing you had but without the -x-y-z)