ULN Baron

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

ULN Baron

Post by Fendorin »

ULN baron is heavy Fighter-light gunship little bit old

Submited this one before i finish ( its "sketch textured")
but i would know if the Uln's produced-ship can be this color

( like Oblivion Duke proposition artwork )
i like the Oblivion's Duke for ULN
I don't know if it inside game
but it's good for ULN artwork

Uln topic : http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=7690

bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

Cool. Could use some rounding and detail around the engines but great start 8)
Phlogios
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Phlogios »

As I said before, don't be shy with the details. Try doubling the amount of vertices, it will look a lot better. ;)
"Enjoy the Choice" - A very wise man from Ottawa.
Breakable
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Breakable »

Another eye candy == great!
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

Via email, jackS was so friendly as to offer his sparse time to comment on the here presented concept. I want to share this authoritative guidance with the artist(s) that would like to take the challenge of further improving the current concept. Authoritative in this context means according to the UTCS (Upon the Coldest Sea) cannon and aligned with manufacturing styles of the faction by which the vessel in question was manufactured.
It needs to feel bigger. As per the role description in the wiki, it has a cargo bay (not necessarily fully enclosed) large enough to impound a fighter or small shuttlecraft. As it's a lot lower down the totem pole than the Duke when it comes to prestige, the "regal" aspects of Uln ostentatious design should be downplayed a bit, and, given the age of the design, look a bit run down (replacement parts obviously newer than other pieces of the ship sort of thing -- like seeing someone's car where only one quarter-panel has new paint, etc.) Big, overly ostentatious radiator fins would help add to the look of a governmentally commissioned Uln craft. In general, when having pieces with recognizably similar utility to those on Aeran, Human, or Rlaan ships, giving them a larger, bulkier, or even just a relatively garishly-overdone appearance can help to cement the inferiority of the underlying Uln craft.
Treating this as a concept, I'll ignore the low poly-count for the moment until radiator arrays and cargo bay are addressed. The asymmetric approach is fine, and the engines are suitably large.
@Fendorin,
Should you require any help with the decoding of the comments, please do not hesitate to post back here.