Uncharted system Delta X09 background

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

safemode
Developer
Developer

Post by safemode »

How's that essay coming along? :)

I'm eager to see the semi-final result :)
Ed Sweetman endorses this message.
Xit
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Xit »

I've got about 93/180 nucleosides fitted in now, and I'm planning to cut the mesh into 4 files to make it faster to work on, since Wings chugs at over 100,000 polys. I haven't had much time though so not sure when it'll be finished. Coming along well with no real problems though :D

On a side note I spent an hour modelling my own head, and it's not as hard as you'd think - so some of that might be a useful template for the statues later on.
Save The Economy
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... hp?t=10605

My boxes: Dual Opteron 280s, Geforce 7600, 2GB RAM, but waiting for a new PSU! grrr...
500 MHz Compaq laptop that gives DC electric burns
safemode
Developer
Developer

Post by safemode »

Cool beans.
Xit
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Xit »

Status update: Haven't really got any further because my health's been so bad (underactive thyroid gland) and I really don't have enough energy to go round atm. Good news is I'll get some new medicine tomorrow which should get me all fixed up :D Other than that it's a fairly busy time of year for me but I'll manage to fit some time in.
Save The Economy
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... hp?t=10605

My boxes: Dual Opteron 280s, Geforce 7600, 2GB RAM, but waiting for a new PSU! grrr...
500 MHz Compaq laptop that gives DC electric burns
safemode
Developer
Developer

Post by safemode »

hope you get better soon. the fate of the vs universe rests on this system :)
2asueekim
Hunter
Hunter

Post by 2asueekim »

This sounds cool. I can't find such neabula systems in the game yet though :( (0.5).
safemode
Developer
Developer

Post by safemode »

haven't created it yet. Nebulas as they exist in the game now, are really not very realistic or useful as far as gameplay goes. My idea is to scratch the nebula unit, and just put entire systems in nebulas (since they'd be at least that big anyway), then rather than a unit, just use GL fog effects and such. So nebula would just be a modifier in a .system file, telling the game how to setup the system. How cool it would look would be dependent on how heterogenous we can make the density of the fog effect, along with any other effects we might come up with.