Aera Vark Destroyer(Venerable) Revisted...

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

Post by Guest »

It looks great. Don't change it.

[edit by hellcatv-- flame bait deleted]

Post by Guest »

It looks good, very good. So if the people keep pestering you remeber that beggars can't be choosers. Hmm wonder how many turrets will be on that thing...
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

(Posting as guest doesn't mean that we don't know who you are) wrote:Stop the feminism. Geeze I'd think men would be opposed to that PCism ... but alas.
... and I'd think that many a human being would be opposed to your near-continuous stream of exhibitions of your misogynistic tendencies. You're entitled to your views, but, given that they are entirely off topic for the discussions here, I'm going to have to ask that you refrain from using this forum as a place to air them. If you wish to meander onto "off topic" subjects, we have an entire forum devoted to such things.

Post by Guest »

Perhapse they would be offended because they are beggers afraid of upsetting their supply. America is not the only cartel that has that product, other places have a far superior selection.
strangelet
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by strangelet »

listen you *g****er***ated piece of ***yr*i***tic s******it,

i'm from england (where politeness comes from) and even i'm not so uptight as you.

the yanks, dafts as brushes as they may be as a geopolitical entity, are actually composed of discreet and seperate human beings capable of independent thought and action.

indeed if it weren't for the americanians joining in the Great American War of 1942-1945, I myself (as a person of semite origin) would probably be clapt in nazi serfdom or somesuch other vile slavery, or most likely dead.

the fact that their frankly scary current government puts out a never ending stream of propaganda whilst simultaneously performing the most ridiculously transparent political card-sharping (whether genuinely in the best interests of the nation or not) shouldn't influence any reasonable sentient lifeform with an IQ higher than say, a glass of water to think any less of them as people.

in fact the entire world (much to the surprise of members of the establishment in all its forms) is similarly composed of actual human beings who may be - get this - entirely different in the way they look think and smell, yet have the exact same capacity for intellectual fulfillment and growth.

it is a wonder, SIR, that in this day of the televisual informational superdooperhighway, anyone like you (so [removed by moderator pending empirical evidence], so narrow of vision) can still exist, untouched by the light of reason for so long.

ON THE SUBJECT of my honorable compatriots here at the vegastrike alternative dimention workshop, i pooh-pooh your concept of their "begging"

i beheld this project and saw that it was good.

I volunteered my services (which are of no small note themselves) as i'm sure did a large comprisée of other handsomely talented individuals from all corners of bush's mighty media empire as well as from far away, ignorant lands (such as perhaps your own)

plus the fact that if you f******ck with them then you're asking for a serious AERIAL BOMBARDMENT!

if you want to keep your tattered self respect from further incinerating flamage, show us some half-decent models, or at least name yourself.

this alone will save you from my withering correspondance, bitch.
- - above and beyond - -
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

(as an FYI to those bothering to follow this - the above 3 "Guest" posts are all from the same IP)

To: "Guest"

As the word implies, you are a guest in this forum. Even were you to bother to log on and use your registered account or denote your name in your non-logged-in postings, this would still be the case. While I attempt to be as tolerant as possible of worldviews and beliefs about what constitutes appropriate behavior that differ from those I adhere to, so long as you are a guest in this domain, I must insist that, whatever standards any of us hold for appropriate behavior, all the inhabitants of any forum here must be held to the local standards of acceptable behavior.

By continuing your off-topic venting, you are not doing so. In the plainest way possible, I am hereby asking you, once more, to relegate such commentary to the off-topic region of the VS forums. I am not inclined to expend much more energy in asking you to do so.
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

Why are we referring to mikeeusa as "Guest"? Oh... 'cos he posted as "Guest". :lol:
strangelet
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by strangelet »

btw i proclaim myself unofficial vigilante flame defender of the VS art forum - lord high commisar of the off-topic skirmish. with a mighty swing of my dictionary i shall crush the puny spite of malodorous aggravators. loud shall be the wails of those who would speak against The Great Work, and yea, flushed of cheek shall be even those whom i would defend - may they moderate judiciously that they might not suffer the full firaga of my interminable vociferitude.

for though the true words of my arsenal are many and varied, even so shall i conjurate new and unfathomatical utterences, so contrivulated and demasticulerisemised (holy crap... pauses to untie fingers...) that none may percieve their meaning, or even if they be words of meaning at all.

confuserated shall be the flamer, victoriant shall i hold aloft the standard of blah blah blah blah blah blah....

fear my unending bile, be ye foe or friend who does not post his name...
- - above and beyond - -
pincushionman
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by pincushionman »

strangelet wrote:btw i proclaim myself unofficial vigilante flame defender ...
Hmmm...Remind me not to piss you off in the future!
Conquer space!
-pincushionman

---------------------------------------

Kansas really is flatter than a pancake!
http://www.improbable.com/airchives/pap ... ansas.html
mikeeusa2

Post by mikeeusa2 »

strangelet your art kicks ass.

As for the model we are talking about now by f1gm3nt3d; I think it looks good and needs no more changing, thus I do not like the nitpicking. IMO it looks like a strong ship.
Ares
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Ares »

*Waving USA and England flags* :D
Go strangelet!
hurleybird
Elite
Elite

Post by hurleybird »

Guest:

I kind of think there may have been just a little too much nitpicking myself, but there is a better way to say it then posting your point several times as a guest and going into off-topicness.

Post by Guest »

*strangelet as guest*

just discussing them screenies with a mate... the first one and the last one could be completely seperate ships! increase the fleet!
f1gm3nt3d
Trader
Trader

Post by f1gm3nt3d »

Wow geuss I missed alot in the last 48 hours. Just so everyone knows we -do- have a finished model, I'll be wrapping up the UV map tomorrow and start in on the texturing. As far as whatever was said, well it was commented out before I read it but l don't and wouldn't have particularly cared if I had anyhow but just by chance it had anything to do with that little sir mix alot thing in my last post, well I apologize to any offended(I supouse it could have been taken as bad taste). Anyways time to get back to work.
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

maybe jacks, if such a place exists (I couldn't see it in the ship list but couldn't see why not :-) ), the original design (well, the first one with an oval engine cone) could become an Aeran survey ship? In which case the wings could provide mountings for the extraordinary array of sensors you would expect the ship to take, without the need to have them provide ideal targetting for turrets?

As strangelet said, the original was a good ship too, even though it wasn't suitable for the purpose proposed. Why not use it for something like this then? You've probably already considered this, but I thought I'd make sure....don't want good art to go to waste ;-)

Dan.a
f1gm3nt3d
Trader
Trader

Post by f1gm3nt3d »

Well heres an update got the base textures done and some of the lighting, the following pictures are renders with luminance maps. Like I said these are just the base textures so don't be too harsh ;).

The front of the Vark notice the luminance mapped docking bay, wheeeeee.

The rear of the ship with Luminance mapped engine glow, wheeeeee :wink: again.

This is the inside of the docking bay, the texture here is just a place holder to show off the lighting that I've got going on. Also there are no detail textures yet either. I definately am thinking I need to do something different with the torpedo/missile pods on the sides in the front, so they aren't finished. Opinions are welcome as my brain is sort of frazzled at the moment and I really have no clue what do with the inside of the dock bay especially the rear wall(prods Jacks). So what do you guys think?
strangelet
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by strangelet »

awesome! love the color scheme too... luma map is spot on... NOW DO LIGHTS ON THE HULL!

only one critiscism - needs some antennas to give it a sense of scale. really lil ones and a few big buggers.... could be any size apart from the dock
- - above and beyond - -
hurleybird
Elite
Elite

Post by hurleybird »

ummm... w00t!

thats awesome, I can already tell its going to be great! The first image just looks awesome, and that ship has so much personality. IMO it looks like it would fit the role of a multi-purpose destoyer as it doesent look like a completley dedicated carrier.
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

strangelet wrote:only one critiscism - needs some antennas to give it a sense of scale. really lil ones and a few big buggers.... could be any size apart from the dock
Agreed, needs to "finer detail" to give it an aura of size. At the moment it could easily be a fighter.
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

hurleybird wrote:as it doesent look like a completley dedicated carrier.
Considering that the standard inhabitants of that bay are going to be a couple unarmed shuttles and a goodly stash of probes, yes, I'd say that it's entirely unqualified to be a carrier.