Aeran Carrier?

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

zaydana
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Aeran Carrier?

Post by zaydana »

Hey peeps

This is one of the latest models i have done up. And once again, the same as all the rset of my models, it doesn't have a texture. So anybody that wants something to texture feel free to do this one.

I dunno what it could be used as, but with all the recent Aeran models that have been around i thought it looked a bit like an aeran carrier or something? Alternatively you could close in the bays in the wings and make it into a missile cruiser.

It probably still needs a few Aerials and stuff on it, but then I don't know about it due to the idea of it being Aeran. Perhaps all the detail to give it an idea of scale could be done in the texture?

Anyways, models and screenies attatched. I'll try and URL to one of the screenies in this post...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FlyByWire
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by FlyByWire »

If it's not Aeran, then it could be Rlaan if you smoothed it up more and stuck the exclusive Rlaan sails on the side extensions. It would lose thrusters in the rear, too - The Rlaan use some kind of exaustless drive that doesn't generate an engine glow.
Anax
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Anax »

FlyByWire wrote:If it's not Aeran, then it could be Rlaan if you smoothed it up more and stuck the exclusive Rlaan sails on the side extensions. It would lose thrusters in the rear, too - The Rlaan use some kind of exaustless drive that doesn't generate an engine glow.
Sails? Exhaustless drives?

Do i hear solar winds? Maybe that's why.... Rlaan ships could just be hi-tech schooners ;)
hurleybird
Elite
Elite

Post by hurleybird »

could you post some smoothed version with some different angles (top, bottom, side, rear)?
zaydana
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by zaydana »

As requested, here are some more angles of the carrier. I've turned workmode off if thats what you meant by smoothed, as i already have smoothed the carrier once and doing it again doesn't really do anything except raise the polycount.

On the subject of polycount, the current version is about 1000 polies, and 300 unsmoothed. Although, it could use with some more detail if it isn't going to be an aeran ship.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zaydana
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by zaydana »

Here is my first take at texturing it.

I tried following the same way that the new Vark has been textured, but havn't gotten around to doing glow maps or that sort of thing yet.

Also, instead of doing something fancy for the inside of the docking bay i decided to just go homeworld style and make the whole thing one big glow.

@ JackS: Will this ship be useful at all as some sort of Aeran carrier, or is it too unlike what they currently have?

- zaydana