new frigate under construction....

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

Ares
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

new frigate under construction....

Post by Ares »

The way i figure it, it's a frigate designed to primarily deal with normal fighter squadrons without help; and light capship engagements.
Weaponry will consist of:
Hardpoints:
1 Capship heavy mount
1 Capship medium mount
2 Capship light mounts
6 Heavy missle tubes @ probably 20-30 each
Turrets:
2-4 Dual laser beam turrets
2 Dual Laser bolt
2 Flak turrets
2 Point defense

Defense:
40,000 Hull
6,000 Armor per side
8,000 Shields

Manuvering:
5º sec/estimated. (While remaining in control, all large ships gain turning momentum over time)

While relativly cheap to produce these are the largest ships you normally see by non-military factions, old but always durable these are built primarily for single use dealing with average sized squadrons of fighters and are a fair threat to larger ships. It's age and limited durability make it only a moderate threat to most confederation capital ships, cheap lighter armed versions are frequently seen backing small ISO presences in various systems.

NO THAT'S NOT A CONNING TOWER! LOL!
What do you guys think?
I think i'll do a research ship next since there aren't any of those in VS...
hurleybird
Elite
Elite

Post by hurleybird »

wow, looks awesome, looks home-worldy.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

this is a good candidate to replace the corvette (formerly known as cruiser)
(like the artist formerly known as prince)
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
Ares
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Ares »

I had that thought myself but i feel this is a little to heavily armed to be a crusier... I may do another one very soon more fitted to that role. I also designed this to have a unsymetrical look, kinda made to be used by some of the more obscure factions... So lets wait on that designation...
hurleybird
Elite
Elite

Post by hurleybird »

It looks most like a heavy corvette to me. Not quite a cruiser.
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

It will be much easier to match up what it should turn into if you can tell us what your aim was in terms of which group manufactured it, when it was manufactured, and what its intended combat role was.

While it's a bit late for this model, in the future, it will be much easier to provide guidance if you start by choosing one of the ships from the ship-list and then, if, as will remain likely for some time, there is no description for the ship in question, query as to what the intended nature of that ship is before building a model.
MKE

Post by MKE »

when are we going to see all these new modles (and seemless planatery entry :D) in the game? I got apt-get on unstable ready :P
Shark
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Shark »

I don't like this one so much.
Ares
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Ares »

jackS wrote:It will be much easier to match up what it should turn into if you can tell us what your aim was in terms of which group manufactured it, when it was manufactured, and what its intended combat role was.

While it's a bit late for this model, in the future, it will be much easier to provide guidance if you start by choosing one of the ships from the ship-list and then, if, as will remain likely for some time, there is no description for the ship in question, query as to what the intended nature of that ship is before building a model.
My idea was what i said already, produced for various buyers, one of the larger and older ships still in service, it would be seen being used by smaller groups (ISO, ULN, DGN, pirate, mercenary/hunter).

As i've mentioned before, i work when i get inspired, and sometimes it's hard to get a inspiration to fill a specific roll...
Irishman
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Irishman »

i think it looks cool
Miollnir

Post by Miollnir »

The front end is wrong somehow...