TS3 SDK (Team Speak)

A forum for online playing, administration, bugs and feature requests
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

TS3 SDK (Team Speak)

Post by pheonixstorm »

After going over the tharin server page it says to use TS2 for voice chat.. any reason why?

Well.. thats beside the point for this topic. Does anyone see any reason not to add voice chat into the mp portion of the code? I have not cheked into specifics yet but having a voice chat sdk seems an opportunity to good to not look into.

Mets, what do you think? You currently run vegaserver and a chat server for the game. Have you looked into TS3 or its sdk?
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
ghoulsblade2
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: TS3 SDK (Team Speak)

Post by ghoulsblade2 »

mumble/murmur might be worth a look, not sure about ts3, but it's way better than ts2 in both quality and delay.
Also opensource so it might even be possible to embed it directly ingame if one were so inclined as to mess with it sufficiently.
It also has "3d-directional voice" plugins for at least one game, so you hear your teammates from the direction in which they are seen from you ingame.
Very nifty thingy =)
Mets
Mercenary
Mercenary

Re: TS3 SDK (Team Speak)

Post by Mets »

Yikes, I'm behind! My apologies, all.

TS2 was picked, simply, because there was no TS3 available when I first set the server up. I haven't had time to go back and update it to TS3, though I was planning on doing it eventually. TS3 is much better, I agree.

I'm not a big mumble fan myself, but I'm not as picky about opensource/not-open-but-free as some people, and that's fine.

EDIT
Now running TS3 :)