Subprime Loans Crisis (Vega)Strikes Back

A forum for online playing, administration, bugs and feature requests
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Subprime Loans Crisis (Vega)Strikes Back

Post by CLoneWolf »

After some more play on the new server (thanks hosters!), here are some weird happenings, all trade related:

1. Very rarely, trying to sell something via the "Sell" button will decrease the count by just 1 (as per "Sell 1" button) but without cash gain.
Last night, after undocking, I found the 3 single cargos (1 per sale attempt) floating outside the station.
The only thing I can think of is that I docked at a relatively high speed, somehow making me in and out of the station at the same time, so that the sale attempt resulted in a cargo dump.

2. Last night as well, I found it was impossible for me to sell the stuff I had bought. I went to another station, and selling was still impossible. No further investigation about this issue, as it was late in the night, so I just quit without saving.

3. Once, I logged in and found myself with about 59XX credits, while my last saved cash was over 2,100,000; I saw that in the manifest after undocking, so I promptly docked again and the station screens also showed 59XX. I quit without saving, relogged, and my "precioussssss" was back.

Nothing of this has had unrecoverable effects, but I thought I'd mention it all in case it can be of any help.

-- Edit (meh I knew I'd be forgetting something)

4. (And this happened to another player too) When you sell something, first of all cash is set to 0 and items go yellow, then cash gets updated and items gain their colour back (white, yellow, purple). Maybe because of some packet loss, things can get stuck in the middle, with cash at 0 and all items yellow, tho you can still scroll the menus or change screen. Again, quitting without saving made my "precioussssss" come back to me.
Last edited by CLoneWolf on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Subprime Loans Crisis (Vega)Strikes Back

Post by loki1950 »

Thanks CloneWolf it's the little things that bugs are made of :lol: should help ace123 with getting the MP part right.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by CLoneWolf »

CLoneWolf wrote:The only thing I can think of is that I docked at a relatively high speed, somehow making me in and out of the station at the same time, so that the sale attempt resulted in a cargo dump.
BINGO! I'm online right now, and did another high-speed dock (beyond 1000 m/sec in a Llama with an overdrive VI).
To be sure my docking command gets processed, I tend to press d quickly and repeatedly. Now either because another d is read as undock command, or because of the displacement of my ship thanks to lag and high speed, I could reproduce the situation #4. I also checked the news screen and I was reported as undocked! :) That would also be consistent with situation #1, with cargo dumped instead of sold.

Moral of the story, it's not a bug, it's a feature! Don't dock at high speed, no matter how cool it makes you feel! ;)
Genghis Prawn
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Genghis Prawn »

After chatting with clonewolf about the high speed docking and the following difficulties trading (i am the other player he mentioned) I noticed that if I dock fast when my docked ship is shown the engines are still firing .. if I launch and re-dock they then are normal and trading then goes on as normal. Perhaps this is lag related?