Gemini Gold update

Forum for discussing various mods for the VS-engine based upon Privateer. (Please play nice now, and extinguish all flaming materials.
Sincerely, The Management)
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Gemini Gold update

Post by pheonixstorm »

PGG as we lovingly refer to it is *trying* to wake up and get in touch with its 0.5.1 self. I have nothing concrete so don't expect a new version of GG anytime soon, but I have been in touch with John and we have been talking about what needs to get the ol update to make GG playable with 0.5.1

Lets hope this means he will have a new version out sometime in the next few months :)
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
travists
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Re: Gemini Gold update

Post by travists »

Don't know about GG, but I had some issues with a mission in PU. Pulled bin out of PU dropped the rest into a "data" folder and could use the SVN version of VS to make it run. just didn't display the shields of your target. I think it should be fairly simple.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

PU is a different beast and can be played with the latest binary while GG hasn't been updated to use cube maps
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
travists
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by travists »

Well, it was a thought... the whole Privateer line seems to have stalled to some extent. Good luck!
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Well, GG is pretty well done as it is the closest to the actual privateer game while PU expands on the original privateer and adds a lot of things that were not in the original game such as turret AI and buying something beyond the original 3 ships.
travists
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by travists »

I'm lucky in that I have the Original Privateer! And DOSBox works well in running it. As I said elsewhere, when I want original I play original. Though one thing irks me this time around with PU: Ships are horridly unbalanced and the original ships bare little preformance resemblance to the original. So, I guess if someone that has plaid the game since it was first released can help -non programing wise- let me know.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Well, due to differences in how each engine works I don't think either privateer mod will work 100% same as the original. I've got the cd set now. Did have the 3 1/2 floppy but dont know what happened to it.May be the disks broke so I trashed em. So long as I have a copy i'm happy. Wish I could say the same for my x-wing and tie fighter cds... still have x-wing vs tie fighter though :)
travists
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by travists »

Got my disks that it originally came on, but so old that the data is corrupted. Got the CD too! Never was a fan of the Star Wars flight sims, but my introduction was Rebel Assault. You're little better than a turret gunner most of the time. :evil:
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

yeah that game sucks. x wing and tie fighter are damn good flight sims