Ow

A home for tales of personal killcounts and engagements between vast armadas, as well as the odd recounting of that time you saw an alien capship taking out a mining base while trying to parallel park.
Iain
Merchant
Merchant

Ow

Post by Iain »

I was cloaked, had just gone through a jump gate, and was scouting a system earlier when I was smashed by an Ox. All was going well, then the cut scene saying You have died showed an Ox plowing through the wreckage of my ship.
OH NO! I have been wacked in the head by a Perfectly Normal Beast!

All mighty Odin, I pray to thy holiness...
Anubus! Nut! Ra!
Boaal
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Boaal »

Yeah, a couple of days ago I was approaching a fighter barracks right on the outside, i figured i'd be good if somthing came through. Only I wasn't because a Tesla came flying out... sideways.....
Neskiairti
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Neskiairti »

defenately needs a randomization patern for exiting stations and so forth.. :P
mortaneous
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Location: Some small planet, Parallel Earth, Resources Negligeble

Post by mortaneous »

Sounds like Cap-ships need to not disappear from space when docked like all the smaller ships do (logically, since they should be using an exterior/umbilical dock anyway because they're too big for the bays)
Neskiairti
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Neskiairti »

yeah but that also poses a seperate and even more annoying problem.. what do you do when the capship is docked.... and you want to dock? (my goddard cant dock at anywhere except external docks.. and perhaps a very few bays.. or on planets)

then multiplayer.. got 5 people flying cap ships in a single system.. your going to have queues some times.. waiting to dock..

no, what needs to be done, is the whole docking thing reconfigured.. wonderful idea, but not feasable for realistic play.. since realistically... there would be a station keeping area where shuttles are launched between ship and station.. or a few ships would actually dock physically with the station.. or land in bays..

physically landing in the bays is a great idea.... except no station would allow you to just fly right in, they would take over control and put you in there.. or they would ask you to send a shuttle.. (or get picked up with a shuttle) which would be more appropriate considering space is dangerous, and no one trusts anyone it seems in this universe.. "keep your highly powerful ship away from my station, ill send a little runnabout to grab you.. kthxbai!"
mortaneous
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Location: Some small planet, Parallel Earth, Resources Negligeble

Post by mortaneous »

Actually, a queue of ships waiting for available external berths would be somewhat realistic... that is what happens at shipyards currently. Not as efficient in space where you don't have to park right up next to the crane, but still logical for cargo that couldn't be unloaded via shuttle.

Of course, in space the unloading and such is more efficiently done by cargo shuttle as you pointed out, but still, for logistical and safety reasons, there would be a limited number of shuttles servicing the designated "skydock" areas around the station. (hmm, that old Factory docking square bug seems almost intentional now) These areas would also likely be limited in their size and arrangement for the safety of the shuttles and for the safety of smaller craft which need dock internally. (e.g. No Double-parking.. in at least two of the dimensions) Even in that case, there would still have to be some form of queuing.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

You might also want to quarantine and or impound one for non payment of fees etc.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Neskiairti
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Neskiairti »

realistic yes.. but doesnt make for a very fun game.. :P the game is already fairly slow.. dont need to spend 10 minutes getting across system.. then waiting 30 minutes for some asshat to get out of the way.. and oh lord if there are 10 of them!
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

For game play human pilots have priority over AI controlled ships :wink:

my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

If some assshit is in my way and i have my tesla i will just blast him out the sky :twisted:...
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
Neskiairti
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Neskiairti »

and then the station will be like "noooo dont dock!"

btw.. ive docked with enemy stations... that just doesnt seem right O.o

they should atleast like.. refuse to sell things to you.. or at a horribly inflated price..
snow_Cat
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by snow_Cat »

'daisy chain'
^ - -^ docked cap ships would linkup, and when a ship mid-chain leaves the other ships pull up...
^- - ^ This would require substantial modification to the physics engine to avoid having them all go off like a string of firecrackers during these manoeuvres.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Neskiairti wrote:and then the station will be like "noooo dont dock!"
Then i will just blast the station...

Team Fortress 2
Neskiairti
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Neskiairti »

and with your fule at 0 and no place left to dock.. you will be stuck waiting a year for a ship large enough to dock with to come by who doesnt shoot your ass :P
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

And that's were piracy comes in. Just raid anything smaller than your self.

Team Fortress 2
Neskiairti
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Neskiairti »

you can raid for fule? O.o
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Atleast you can on Privateer. In PR you attack a Merchent and he will drop goods. Some will be fuel. If i were doing that in real life how every, i would shoot the ship till it is shot (sorry about the pun) and willing to give up. Then i would tractor the ship and drain it's fuel tank.

Team Fortress 2
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

In Vegastrike you refuel when you do buy basic repair that and the fact that fuel consumption is set very low means you don't need to worry about fuel.

Neskiairti
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Neskiairti »

heh.. I ran out of fule on my goddard because i was in an area with no planets... and every space station i ran across.. i couldnt dock with :P was quite annoying.
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

One time i got shot up pretty bad in a goddard and i think i got a fuel leak. my fuel started draining like a hundred times faster than it should have and i barely made it back to the planet i launched from with my fuel in the red...
darkninjaoffear
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by darkninjaoffear »

I find it very hard to dock in a tesla, because of its size, also you cant dock some places because they dont have any external docks.
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

Sometimes it helps to press 'home' to match speeds with the ship, making it easier to do fine maneuvering.

btw this thread has been dead for a while...but don't really worry about that :wink:
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

btw this thread has been dead for a while...but don't really worry about that Wink
Not the oldest thread to be revived either :lol:

bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

Not by a longshot. :wink: