Huge amount of money floating in space

A home for tales of personal killcounts and engagements between vast armadas, as well as the odd recounting of that time you saw an alien capship taking out a mining base while trying to parallel park.
matakuka
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Huge amount of money floating in space

Post by matakuka »

I'm playing SVN now and wandered deep into space. When I had made some decent money I 'bought' a bigger ship (editing my savegame, adding a "Hidalgo", removing me about 8 M gold. Think that's fair). As I was friend of everyone, the ongoing war between the Rlaan and the Highborn did not concern me. Until I caught up with some exploded Ox's cargo in space. He was carrying "automated factories", size 10k, weight 20k. For a Hidalgo it is just average cargo, as for every big merchant ship. When I sold it at the next planet the gave me 25 millions for it. As the war proceeded, I caught another three factories, and now I'm owner of an additional 100 Million gold pieces.

So, thinking of the non-existant risk (I only got slightly hurt by a misleaded missile) it seems quite a bit unfair, and I keep asking myself if this is a bug or ain't it one. 25 Million for a whole space factory is okay, but I think size and weight is pretty "small". But is it quite normal for an invasion fleet bringing along their buildings while still hundreds of enemies around? Or were I just lucky?
gavin83
Explorer
Explorer

Post by gavin83 »

I would guess it is normal. They need to churn out additional invasion forces, and that is probably the easiest and most cost effective way to do it.
Titanium PowerBook G4, 1 GHz, 1 GB of RAM, Mac OS 10.5.6, 64 MB Mobility Radeon 9000.