vegastrike tales (come tell)

A home for tales of personal killcounts and engagements between vast armadas, as well as the odd recounting of that time you saw an alien capship taking out a mining base while trying to parallel park.
Boaal
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Boaal »

I had an interesting encounter today. Went to pick up three Rlaan wingmen from a jump gate in my newly purchased and upgraded Ariston (i like it's manauverability, shame about the lack of weapons other than Photon cannons...). SO i get there and I'm enemies with the highborn, uln and pirates, hunters, and smmn as well as several other factions. I get to this jumpgate and Two Lancelots and three progeny and a clydsdale from the highborn, a couple of hunter robins, two dodo's and a couple of hyena's from the uln erupt from this gate. I continue for a few second and grab my wig men and turn around.

The highborn Lancelots have circled around and come at me from behind and proceed to tear apart my rear shields with whatever the hell they are arming themselves with. Whatever it is it's good enough to take down my shields pretty fst. So I evade a little and they come over head, the three pogeny are hitting me and I;ve sgot some light fire comming from the clydesdale. SO I figure I cannot take the clydsdale down, especially not in this storm. So I run like hell from the clydsdale and try and avoid any enemy fire I can. SO I'm about seventeen thousand meters from it ad the highborn fly in over my head. I blast one apert and it's freind flie back at me and I take that one down. Scrap the first two progeny when the hyena start in on it and a dodo flies into my side and explodes. That my shields down for a little bit The other Dodo misses me by a fraction and turns around to make another run. SO i have to turn and deal with that. Thank god the hyena's cant actually hurt me and the progeny arnt armed well enough to take my sheilds down as fast as the ex-lancelots. I have no idea where my wing men are, I siuspect that they are attempting to kill the cydesdale as it's got lazers going off every so often and no where near me. SO I eventually get rid off all the other craft and cyckle through the hostiles and no ones in range apart from the clydsdale which is movng away now and I'm certainly not going after that with the light rockets and missels and a handfull of photon guns. SO i spec'd out of the vacinity just i case it changed it's mind. And abut a minuet later it started issueing threats at me. Glad I got ut when I did hehe.
Miramor
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Miramor »

Lancelots are armed with dual razor and dual reaper guns. Those are both pretty damaging, and reaper rounds are hard to dodge.
Boaal
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Boaal »

Does anyone know how much damage a Relay can take? I;m in Odin and there is one little Shaper Relay in the system. I have fired a minimum of 35 Torpedoes at it, they all hit, from various distances. Hasn't even scratched it.

Edit: No matter, I did it. it just took some very close up torpedoing.
ertw
Trader
Trader

Re: vegastrike tales (come tell)

Post by ertw »

Some data.

--STATIONS--

Here are a rough approximation of the damage that can take some stations (in VSD)

MiningBase: 705000
Relay: 3300000
Fighter barracks: 7800000
Refinery: 10000000
Outpost: 10000000
Shipyard: 10000000
Research: 12800000
Commerce center: 20000000
Medical: 22000000
Factory: 35000000
Starfortress: 100000000

NOT APPLICABLE TO AERA, RLAAN OR ULN STATIONS!

The reason that Ididn't put more stations its I play the 0.4.3 version.
In universe self-describing one-liner which is pretty pathetic.
Maxaxle
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Maxaxle »

With the standard Llama and two full slots of Heatseekers, in addition to a Mass Driver, two Lasers, and that one low-range, low-consumption, high-damage energy weapon (fires discrete bolts like a Laser):
1. Took a mission to kill some Luddites.
2. Completed mission.
3. On my way elsewhere, a group of Luddites confronted me. They didn't last long.

What are the chances of a group of Luddites coming out of nowhere and attacking?
zog_the_primitive
Trader
Trader

Post by zog_the_primitive »

Maxaxle wrote:With the standard Llama and two full slots of Heatseekers, in addition to a Mass Driver, two Lasers, and that one low-range, low-consumption, high-damage energy weapon (fires discrete bolts like a Laser):
1. Took a mission to kill some Luddites.
2. Completed mission.
3. On my way elsewhere, a group of Luddites confronted me. They didn't last long.

What are the chances of a group of Luddites coming out of nowhere and attacking?
Pretty high, usually faction ships will come from all over the system to attack me when I complete a bounty mission. It's not so bad if those ships are luddites, but if it's aera... not so good. That's why take the time to install a Schrodinger milspec package on all of my smaller ships.
Ajezla/NightOwl
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ajezla/NightOwl »

I had a rather exciting time making my way through rlaan territory earlier. I was in a rlaan sector doing a patrol mission, and good grief, it seemed like half the galaxy was going to war with the rlaan xD I am on friendly terms with the rlaan, so the aeran craft participating in this assault would come after me as well from time to time (and they were mean aeran ships as well T.T)

At several points there would be like 20 to 30 rlaan ships destroyed at a time O.O It wasn't just aeran attacking the rlaan either, there were 3 or 4 other factions knocking them around as well. The space around most of the jump points and all the station bases was pretty hot, with 2 to 3 medium and heavy aeran ships tearing things up. I spent my time in between flights to patrol points hoping and praying my flying brick of a Plowshare wouldn't get smoked xD (which it did a few times).
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome aboard Ajezla/NightOwl I operated a cleaning service i called NightOwl for 20 yrs :lol:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Ajezla/NightOwl
Explorer
Explorer

Another neat and kind of scary tale to tell. I've been jaunting around in Thanatos/Mu cephi for the past day or so doing cargo runs between planets, minding my own business. The local Asteroid Fighter Base of the Mechanists keeps coming under attack from several different factions (usually it is Purists, which makes sense). The little base has even been destroyed a few times (the base respawns whenever I restart the game in this sector). I noticed that there are quite a few cap ships out there smoking Mechanist and other factions as well, so I decided to go and check out the last fight over this little piece of galactic real estate.

HOLY CRAP! :shock: I had NO idea that capship weps could fire so FAR :shock: Nothing hit me, but the base took several hits. The attackers seem to almost be firing at random, so maybe it is a dust-up between two forces and the base keeps getting dragged into it. Anyway, I'm watching this battle unfold, and the base only gets hit occasionally by the purple-pink-capship-beams-o-death. It took only 8 hits by these beams to take the base from normal looking to critical (red) :shock: Half of these hits were to remove shields, and like I said before, it seemed like the capships were firing at random :?

Finally, after a few more hits, the Mechanist Asteroid Fighter Base went BOOM! :shock: That was a HUGE blast too, I am so glad I stopped outside the asteroid field that surrounds it (the asteroids surrounding it also most likely exploded in the blast, it looked like there were a lot of secondary explosions). The capships continued to fight each other a bit, and then left the area. I wish I had managed a screenshot of the base exploding, it would've have been pretty kewl 8)
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Lots of action out there :shock: :mrgreen: Going back to that system later you might find that the ownership of the bases has changed. Watching Cap ship battles can be hazardous to your health the range of those beams is about 10Km :o

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Ajezla/NightOwl
Explorer
Explorer

Ikr? It was hilarious really. I was sitting about 30km away from the asteroid base, watching the light show. It reminded me of old laser rock n roll shows from the late 80s and early 90s :lol: Several of the beams did come pretty close to me though :o I was a little worried that I might get flamed :mrgreen:
Primordial
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Primordial »

I love it when the AI goes a little nuts and starts a full on war in a sector you're in. Doesn't happen often, but it's fun when it does. Usually I end up sitting a safe distance away and cam-switching from ship to ship.