Buying ships to gain money XD

A home for tales of personal killcounts and engagements between vast armadas, as well as the odd recounting of that time you saw an alien capship taking out a mining base while trying to parallel park.
Tattorack
Trader
Trader

Buying ships to gain money XD

Post by Tattorack »

I had once in a older Mac version some time ago that the local millitary base (local as in; the one next to the starting planet) was selling... uh.... mules? (those weaker-than-Llama ships with more cargo hold... they're yellow).
In any least I think they're called Mules and they were sold for dirt cheap with near-unlimited stock.
I decided to buy just for what they heys, but found out I didn't have enough money to give it decent upgrades, and it had its weapons slots full of the heaviest tracktor-beam emplacements in the game.
So a littled buggered I sold off the tracter beams and found out how much they were worth!!
I sold the Mule, and could buy 8 more from the stock, sell of those parts, then sell the ships, then buy even more Mules to sell the parts etc etc etc...
Its safe to say I could buy a very heavy fighter and equipt it with all sorts (including larger cargo space) :lol:
Yeah... that was a nice find...
God is a bacteria!

"Because it submerges into a marine enviroment I'm going to call it the safely-go-under-the-water-without-detection device"
-Leonard of Quirm
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Re: Buying ships to gain money XD

Post by TBeholder »

Yup. Component support currently sucks as often as not.
Oh, and they should have randomly generated cargo in holds, too. :D
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
Tattorack
Trader
Trader

Re: Buying ships to gain money XD

Post by Tattorack »

TBeholder wrote:Yup. Component support currently sucks as often as not.
Oh, and they should have randomly generated cargo in holds, too. :D
Well I didn't fly around with any, and didn't see anything in its cargo hold.
If the newer version has the same (haven't tried it yet) I'll keep an eye out for it...
God is a bacteria!

"Because it submerges into a marine enviroment I'm going to call it the safely-go-under-the-water-without-detection device"
-Leonard of Quirm