Embarassing Tales: Restarts and Such

A home for tales of personal killcounts and engagements between vast armadas, as well as the odd recounting of that time you saw an alien capship taking out a mining base while trying to parallel park.
Ajezla/NightOwl
Explorer
Explorer

Embarassing Tales: Restarts and Such

Post by Ajezla/NightOwl »

This is a thread for ppl to come and vent/rant/confess stories about moments in VS that made you go DOH! and hit the New Game button.

I'll start it off in fine fashion.

I was just tooling around minding my own business in my little rlaan heavy ship (don't remember the name exactly, and for a heavy it was kinda small :lol: ). I noticed that I had over a mil in credits and decided that now was the time to start looking into a new ship.

I liked my little rlaan ship because it was speedy and had teeth (3 heavy ion beams and a shieldbreaker 8) ). I couldn't haul cargo though because of the tiny cargo hold of 15 cubic meters. Also, I couldn't stock the real shield protection I needed because the upgrade space was only so large as well. I was sacrificing defense a bit, for better energy consumption/recharge, and teeth long enough to make most things burst into flames w/ relative ease. That being said, I was getting popped more often than I liked, due to the lower defense.

Thinking about things a bit, I decided to head out and explore and look for new and more interesting ships (and ones with a little more capacity for upgrade). I had seen a REALLY nice Aera heavy class ship for 3.8 mil that I REALLY want (an Aerus? I think). However this beast was outside my current price range by quite a bit. I wandered a bit more, looking for something nice, and not finding anything matching what I wanted :| I finally hit a section of Andolian space that had several places to look at for a new go-fast-but-ha-ha-I-keel-you ship.

I stopped at an Andolian fighter barracks to see what it had to offer. I saw a happy sign of Confed ships in the list and started looking them over. I looked at the Pacifier for 800k and liked what I saw :o I saved, stripped my little rlaan vessel of its goodies and bought a Pacifier. Pimped out said Pacifier with level 10 quad shields, my 3 heavy ion guns, the shieldbreaker, and the above average stuffs I had on my rlaan ship, plus a few upgrades. I checked my energy/SPEC/jump output and saw that I was golden :P

I then proceeded to leave the fighter barracks and deal so serious hot, flaming death to some pirates in the area. I fired my weps and realized I had the ion burster gun that came w/ the Pacifier still equipped :x I had found a bug that made preset weps that come w/ a ship reappear and replace the wep in their old slot if you change things around on your ship. I had lost my shieldbreaker for an ion burster......annoyed I loaded up my autosave, hoping that maybe it had auto-ed before I changed ships. It hadn't :cry:

Further annoyance ensued, and I decided I would just have to accept the loss and remember the bug again in the future.....and then promptly hit SAVE out of habit, instead of loading up my saved game...... :evil: Noooooooooo...........300k of upgrades lost.........for the autosave just brought up the bare Pacifier that I just bought. Furious w/ myself for being stupid I immediately hit the New Game button :evil:

Moral of the story: CHECK EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR SHIP BEFORE YOU SAVE YOUR GAME WHEN YOU MAKE CHANGES. This could easily happen to you :cry:
Tattorack
Trader
Trader

Re: Embarassing Tales: Restarts and Such

Post by Tattorack »

Ajezla/NightOwl wrote:This is a thread for ppl to come and vent/rant/confess stories about moments in VS that made you go DOH! and hit the New Game button.

I'll start it off in fine fashion.

I was just tooling around minding my own business in my little rlaan heavy ship (don't remember the name exactly, and for a heavy it was kinda small :lol: ). I noticed that I had over a mil in credits and decided that now was the time to start looking into a new ship.

I liked my little rlaan ship because it was speedy and had teeth (3 heavy ion beams and a shieldbreaker 8) ). I couldn't haul cargo though because of the tiny cargo hold of 15 cubic meters. Also, I couldn't stock the real shield protection I needed because the upgrade space was only so large as well. I was sacrificing defense a bit, for better energy consumption/recharge, and teeth long enough to make most things burst into flames w/ relative ease. That being said, I was getting popped more often than I liked, due to the lower defense.

Thinking about things a bit, I decided to head out and explore and look for new and more interesting ships (and ones with a little more capacity for upgrade). I had seen a REALLY nice Aera heavy class ship for 3.8 mil that I REALLY want (an Aerus? I think). However this beast was outside my current price range by quite a bit. I wandered a bit more, looking for something nice, and not finding anything matching what I wanted :| I finally hit a section of Andolian space that had several places to look at for a new go-fast-but-ha-ha-I-keel-you ship.

I stopped at an Andolian fighter barracks to see what it had to offer. I saw a happy sign of Confed ships in the list and started looking them over. I looked at the Pacifier for 800k and liked what I saw :o I saved, stripped my little rlaan vessel of its goodies and bought a Pacifier. Pimped out said Pacifier with level 10 quad shields, my 3 heavy ion guns, the shieldbreaker, and the above average stuffs I had on my rlaan ship, plus a few upgrades. I checked my energy/SPEC/jump output and saw that I was golden :P

I then proceeded to leave the fighter barracks and deal so serious hot, flaming death to some pirates in the area. I fired my weps and realized I had the ion burster gun that came w/ the Pacifier still equipped :x I had found a bug that made preset weps that come w/ a ship reappear and replace the wep in their old slot if you change things around on your ship. I had lost my shieldbreaker for an ion burster......annoyed I loaded up my autosave, hoping that maybe it had auto-ed before I changed ships. It hadn't :cry:

Further annoyance ensued, and I decided I would just have to accept the loss and remember the bug again in the future.....and then promptly hit SAVE out of habit, instead of loading up my saved game...... :evil: Noooooooooo...........300k of upgrades lost.........for the autosave just brought up the bare Pacifier that I just bought. Furious w/ myself for being stupid I immediately hit the New Game button :evil:

Moral of the story: CHECK EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR SHIP BEFORE YOU SAVE YOUR GAME WHEN YOU MAKE CHANGES. This could easily happen to you :cry:
Myeeeeaaaah..... I had a few things liike that too ^^;
Horrible that!
Thanks for the memory saver ^^
God is a bacteria!

"Because it submerges into a marine enviroment I'm going to call it the safely-go-under-the-water-without-detection device"
-Leonard of Quirm