Father Raping PREvert

A home for tales of personal killcounts and engagements between vast armadas, as well as the odd recounting of that time you saw an alien capship taking out a mining base while trying to parallel park.
KillerB
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Father Raping PREvert

Post by KillerB »

So there I was doing honest work in my new used Pacifier, doing my part to try to make the galaxy a safer place for (almost) everybody. Had a bounty mission on a Thales Pirate corvette, and she started speccing out on me. Well a couple more biggies had me tied up...well fighting for my life in point of fact....so I let loose one of those nasty Aera torpedoes.
A couple minutes later, i get the "Bounty Mission Accomplished" readout on the Hud....and then every LIHW citizen in the star system starts spamming me with hate mail in the comm screen!
One little ol' Llama gets too close to my target, and now everywhere I go I hear, "What are you, some kind of father raping PREvert?"
[OC]Killer B
Vanguard Federation of Gamers
=VFF Productions=
Antares Mod for Freelancer Team
Storyline Writer/Cat Herder/PR guy
General in the Ordered Chaos Corporation
Vanguard 2 Server
Science Fiction and Action Adventure writer at Antares Dreamscape
Website Creator at Awesome Websites
Maxaxle
Mercenary
Mercenary

Re: Father Raping PREvert

Post by Maxaxle »

That's weird. Did you hit any LIHW by accident?...Also, be sure to do more pirate/luddite bounties.
KillerB
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by KillerB »

Apparently, a Sunday Driver in a Llama got too close to that Thales and got caught in the blast radius of the Advanced Torpedo I sent as a parting gift to my runaway mission target.
And yeah, lots of Luddite killing and (F1) saying hello to the LIHW guys and now they like me a little bit... they still show up when I (R) target nearest hostile, but they say stuff like "I'd honk but its space and all that" now:P

Meanwhile on another PO Faction note....
I was on my way to do another capship bounty, this time on a Gleaner. I had just jumped into the next system when these idiot Uln pop in from behind me and start crashing into my old beater Llama....and their shields were still down so their starcrapper Koalas started exploding against my hull like popcorn popping. So now the Uln hated me and I hadn't even shot at one yet :?
Those guys are IDIOTS!
Its all good though....figured what the heck, might as well start bagging some Gleaners and Yeomen XD
[OC]Killer B
=VFF Productions=
Vanguard 2 Server
Maxaxle
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Maxaxle »

KillerB wrote: And yeah, lots of Luddite killing and (F1) saying hello to the LIHW guys and now they like me a little bit... they still show up when I (R) target nearest hostile, but they say stuff like "I'd honk but its space and all that" now:P
XD And personally, I once had problems with Forsaken in the past, having taken any and all non-Aera bounties ranging from pirates to luddites (target practice) to, obviously, Forsaken.
KillerB
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by KillerB »

Oh, I leave those poor Forsaken sods alone...the poor buggars got the short end of the stick after all, what with winding up stuck in the most godforsaken sector in the galaxy.

More funny stories:
Repo Job
I had just finished doing a Luddite bashing patrol for the LIHW, and I was near out of gas so I hailed the nearest freighter to stop and fill up the old tanks.
It was a Puritan Clydesdale and when I said hello he went on with the usual spiele "On reflection blah blah blah how just our cause is".
When I took off again I said goodbye...only she shows up now as a Merchant Guild ship and the cowgirl pilot is telling me she had to sell her farm for a down payment on this ship. Musta been some farm, man! I guess Preacher Boy got behind on his payments and they sent somebody out to repo his ship. IN SPACE :shock:
[OC]Killer B
=VFF Productions=
Vanguard 2 Server
Maxaxle
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Maxaxle »

KillerB wrote:I guess Preacher Boy got behind on his payments and they sent somebody out to repo his ship. IN SPACE :shock:
In-station, maybe. Also: Maybe the "farm" was on an agricultural station.
KillerB
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by KillerB »

I had finally made amends (more or less) with the LIHW & I was doing a Bounty mission against the Luddites. I cruised up to a League owned Commerce Center, and first this Uln Gleaner comes crawling out of the hanger in the side of the Commerce Center...which was wierd enough as I couldn't believe those lab monkeys could fit a big fat freigher in what I always thought of as a parking space for fighters & shuttles.
Well those idiots started shooting at me, while they were still on their side inside the parking garage....I backed up a bit & let 'em have it as soon as they cleared the edge of the hangar.
Well the League guy in control of the Commerce Center's turrets was mad at me for blowing up a freighter so close to his base...
I made nice on the Comm with the Commerce Center's weapons officer & got them to quit shooting at me.
But when I got in range of the Commerce Center, the Luddite ship I was supposed to destroy flew right into the same hangar where that Gleaner had come from, and he sat inside there shooting out at me!
I didn't dare shoot inside the hangar AGAIN as I was still in trouble for that sort of thing....what to do, what to do?
I latched onto that Redeemer with my tractor beam and yanked him outside so he had to fight me fair and square!
Say your prayers, nutcase!
[OC]Killer B
=VFF Productions=
Vanguard 2 Server
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

LOL, so tractor beams serve for something! :)
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
zog_the_primitive
Trader
Trader

Post by zog_the_primitive »

At times, I've used heavy tractors to throw smaller enemy ships past me and into space stations. That doesn't usually destroy the enemy ship, but it sure does get the station mad at my enemy. Speaking of which, does anyone know if the repulsor beams actually work, I've never tried them.
travists
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by travists »

I think they do. Hack yourself a heavy repulsor and have fun!
zog_the_primitive
Trader
Trader

Post by zog_the_primitive »

Thanks! I wonder if I could stall incoming missiles. Of course I'd need to figure out how to bind incoming missile to a key.
KillerB
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by KillerB »

I make heavy use of tractor beams myself, what with being an equal opportunity freelancer...I try to balance my piracy with doing missions for The Man to stay out of trouble for, well, piracy....

Repulsors do work....and I've found that using Repulsors & Tractors together does nice Phase damage....sort of rips stuff apart by pushing & pulling at the same time :twisted:

If you manage to come up with an 'incoming missile' keybind, please post it!! This would make a very useful addition 8)
I would also LOVE to have a 'cycle cargo' keybind to make picking out salvage go faster 8) That's one of the things I really miss from my Freelancer days...that and having a tractor beam factory equipped with every ship!
[OC]Killer B
=VFF Productions=
Vanguard 2 Server