Cephid 17 - How many wars does it take to destroy a system?

A home for tales of personal killcounts and engagements between vast armadas, as well as the odd recounting of that time you saw an alien capship taking out a mining base while trying to parallel park.
Munno
Merchant
Merchant

Cephid 17 - How many wars does it take to destroy a system?

Post by Munno »

I don't exactly know how this happened, or what I should do to save it, but it is pretty awesome. And deadly. And utterly absurd.

The Andolians, Purists, Highborn and Shapers are at each others throats. The Shapers seem to be winning, but its a war of attrition and no ground is being gained. I don't think any of these factions even have a base here, but by god are they fighting over it. They tend to be fighting with very expensive fighters and bombers, Goddards and so forth. The Pirates are also attacking with their Plowshares and Hyenas, but they also have a strong Gleaner presence in the system and they make it risky to do any strong trading in the area.

Furthermore, the Aera-Confed war has brought incursions into the system. They mostly consist of Nicanders which just get annihilated by the other factions but they've locked down at least one jump point.

And to top it all off, the Uln and Rlaan have had a disagreement and are staging capship battles around a couple of jump points, and even mounting attacks on the Mining Station. The Uln are getting massacred by the Rlaan (several Uln systems have been wiped out) but they seem to have driven them to a stalemate in Cephid 17. Not so long ago, the Merchant Guild were trading and everything was going just fine, but now the system is desolate except for Uln and Rlaan capital ships, Aeran dead and Andolian torpedoes (they are firing a LOT of torpedoes).

I've thought about making a run into Rlaan space, or possibly deeper into Confed territory. My Dostoevsky has 32 kill markers so far, and at least 6 were capital ships. I can't even do the mining base run any more for fear of getting into a battle. Escaping into Rlaan space is a little risky too, there seems to be an Ox blockade at the jump point and I don't want to get blown to pieces...

Here be my entire image folder (all 25!) so you can get an idea of the insanity: http://imgur.com/a/vctNE#0
Not all are relevant, but you can see the endless dead in the kill-feeds.

Oh, and the klk'k are caught in the crossfire.
Last edited by Munno on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Much love shall be extended to this excellent game and it's amazing community.

Munno's (outdated) guide to hacking VegaStrike Saved files!

There is no such thing as IRL, there is only AFK. In my case, year long AFKs.
"Do not walk in front of me for I will not follow.
Do not walk behind me for I will not lead.
Do not walk beside me, either. Just stay the hell out of my way!" - Stark
Munno
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Cephid 17 - How many wars does it take to destroy a syst

Post by Munno »

There's actually an advantage to this: the bounty missions are massively inflated.

I'm being paid 100k-250k for a single Plowshare kill, just because the pirates are running rampant. There's also no shortage on missions, there are plenty of pirate kill missions and about a billion rescue missions. (There's even a pirate rescue mission... save a pirate pilot from Uln starships...)

There's also plenty of loot floating around The Great Clydesdale Cluster of 5-8 Andolian Clydesdales sitting at the Everett jump point, stopping the Highborn and Purists that are coming in through that jump point. I've found several automated factories and construction equipment, hoping I find an AI Core :P
Much love shall be extended to this excellent game and it's amazing community.

Munno's (outdated) guide to hacking VegaStrike Saved files!

There is no such thing as IRL, there is only AFK. In my case, year long AFKs.
"Do not walk in front of me for I will not follow.
Do not walk behind me for I will not lead.
Do not walk beside me, either. Just stay the hell out of my way!" - Stark
Maxaxle
Mercenary
Mercenary

Re: Cephid 17 - How many wars does it take to destroy a syst

Post by Maxaxle »

Gotta love this game. It's like an entire universe, in a can, ready to be opened or sealed at any time.