Gleaner VS. Plowshare

A home for tales of personal killcounts and engagements between vast armadas, as well as the odd recounting of that time you saw an alien capship taking out a mining base while trying to parallel park.
EatMyDst
Explorer
Explorer

Gleaner VS. Plowshare

Post by EatMyDst »

Yeah...

I had tried to do one rescue mission and then everyone hated me.

So I left Atlantis and was going to sell cargo at the mining base serenity when I got jumped by pirates (I'm guessing). Anyway they destroyed my ship. So I tried again, this time aiming for a jump date out of the system, hoping to escape. I got to my destination and was destroyed. Again. I was starting to think I'd have to start a new save but I decided to try again. I flew to a new jump gate and this time made it through, barely. I spec-ed into mid space with almost no armor left. I picked another jump gate to go to. This time I couldn't get close enough to jump so I had to abort, I flew into deep space with a sliver of armor left on two sides. Realizing I had no hope of getting past the 'guards' at the jump gate I set course for a planet in that system, hoping to dock and fix my ship. When I got there I was attacked again taking out almost all of my nonexistent armor. At this point I was despairing. But then I figured out how to use F1 to make people not hate me anymore! So I turned on manual spec drive and spec-ed away from everything slamming the F1 and H keys. Lol. As I flew I systematically went through the hostile list pressing F1 over each ship until they didn't want to kill me anymore. But one ship (a gleaner :shock: ) wasn't accepting my green messages. Then I ran out of the blue bar that makes my spec go three and a half light hours away from the system. I had to wait for the bar to fill a little before moving on. I set off for a commerce center but my spec drive was acting up, (No idea why) so I stopped and saw a gleaner in the distance then it popped towards me with spec and started firing its weapons. I punched the manual spec drive and flew and flew. A couple of light seconds away from the commerce center the blue bar ran out again. My poor Plowshare started jumping in and out of spec until I finally got close to the commerce center. I was about to dock when the gleaner caught up with me and started attacking the center! I finally docked and repaired my ship! The end!

Plowshare 1,

Gleaner 0! :P
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: Gleaner VS. Plowshare

Post by klauss »

Good... you know... if you load up on dumbfires, you can make quick work of a couple of gleaners ;)

They're not guided, but they're very powerful.

(don't engage a fleet of them though)
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
EatMyDst
Explorer
Explorer

Post by EatMyDst »

Seriously!? You mean, a tiny little Plowshare could beat a Gleaner with dumbfires? :o
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

A plowshare isn't tiny. It may look tiny in comparison, but it's huge, and dumbfires pack a helluva punch.

Think arrows vs bullets vs sidewinders vs tomahawks vs aircraft carriers.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
EatMyDst
Explorer
Explorer

Post by EatMyDst »

Hmmm... I may have to get some of those dumbfires to greet pirates with. :twisted: