Just cant find it...

A home for tales of personal killcounts and engagements between vast armadas, as well as the odd recounting of that time you saw an alien capship taking out a mining base while trying to parallel park.
Amandelx
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Just cant find it...

Post by Amandelx »

Ok im not new to the whole editing txt game files but Ive never had this much trouble finding my saved game!!! This game to me takes entirely too long to gain money and upgrade your ship. I have read all the topics on hacking your saved game but I still cant seem to find the file! Im running windows 7 on my pc and I was wondering if I need to create the save folder myself or what. Someone please help me, I enjoy this game alot but Im getting bored with slowly increasing my money day after day.
Be the best: join the Marines. Keep your sanity: join the Air Force
Gateway: Windows 7, 64 Bit.
AMD Phenom Quad-Core 9600.
4 GB DDR 3 RAM.
ATI Radeon 4650 HD 512 MB.
safemode
Developer
Developer

Re: Just cant find it...

Post by safemode »

you'd find a vegastrike directory in the same user directory your firefox profile information would also be found in.

i think it's something like documents and settings / username / local data / something like that in windows land. You could just search for "vegastrike" on your computer and any mention of it outside of where you installed it should lead you to the save files.
Ed Sweetman endorses this message.
Sarin
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Sarin »

Alternative to cheating, find some money making guides here on forums...took me about 6-8 hours of game time to get over bilion creds, it's not hard...once you get 11M for first AI core.
Amandelx
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Amandelx »

I think I found it. Thanks alot for the info and the rapid response!! :D
4 GB DDR 3 RAM.
Amandelx
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Amandelx »

Well. . . I cheated. . . I am shamed (not really) I finally got a good ship and decided to get a Clydesdale as well. Talk about a flying sack of bricks!!! Its slow and lumbering and I havent had a chance to test it in battle but I was wondering, does it come stock with a SPEC drive?? Its got SPEC capacitors but the SPEC drive wont function normally. . . Just wondering if perhaps this is a bug or is it normal for this size of a ship? When I try to activate the drive it launches me WAY past my target or has a strange zooming effect on space. . . Any input would be welcome.
4 GB DDR 3 RAM.
Amandelx
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Amandelx »

Well to all those that may be wondering, I bought several more SPEC capacitors and the SPEC drive is sorta functioning. . . It still seems very glitchy. It sorta stops midway and you have to repeatedly press the "a" key to move a small distance but hey its better than tugging along at a ridiculously slow rate.

On further playing of this ship I have determined that it pretty much has no purpose except exploding when trying to dock and irritating the pilot/user. Maybe its just me. . . comments or input anyone?
4 GB DDR 3 RAM.
Benison
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Benison »

This game to me takes entirely too long to gain money and upgrade your ship.
took me hardly 4 hours to gain my first billion...
grab a fighter and just randomly jump through systems you havent been before, until you find a commerce centre.
once you found a couple of those, and hacked them into your nav comp to come back later, you can visit them all in a cycle and buy all the ai-cores and crap they sell at a low price.
depending on your luck youll find up to 40 of theese cores at the stock market, wich gets you about 100mil credits of profit, if you resell them at an outpost or so.
plus some "bonus" for other goods they sell...
imho theres REALLY no need to cheat yourself cash, not to mention that FINDING and hacking the saved game might even take longer than earning some ingame bucks. ;o