3 way battle: Pirates VS Uln & Base Patrol VS Aera

A home for tales of personal killcounts and engagements between vast armadas, as well as the odd recounting of that time you saw an alien capship taking out a mining base while trying to parallel park.
Munno
Merchant
Merchant

3 way battle: Pirates VS Uln & Base Patrol VS Aera

Post by Munno »

Ok, I was just doing my usual cargo run in my Llama, earning some cash for my new fighter so I can kit it out. Anyway, I undock from the Mining base in Pelius, and run straight into a Pirate Yeoman. I only just dodged the Yeoman and as I turn I see 3 or 4 Uln Entourages engaged with the Yeoman. The Yeoman, being more interested in the Seaxbane, totalled ignored them and ended up smashing straight into the Mining base, destroying its shields. The Yeoman finishes the last Seaxbane and then turns on the base. After smashing half the turrets off it, the Yeoman attacks the Uln. It kills the first two, and then 1 more suicides into it. The last runs for it. I SPECed away at this point, as it turned on me.

Later on, I was continuing the cargo run. I was just heading for the Mining Base (Which was still remarkably alive) and as I come out of SPEC I see 3 Pirate Yeoman engaged with 2 Uln Mules, an Ox and some Aeran cruiser which I didn't bother checking out. The Aeran cruiser was under heavy fire from the base, the Yeoman, and 5 Seaxbane. The Ox had no shields, and was about to die. The Mules, however, were on the other side of the Yeoman and were blasting away at them. Suddenly, the Ox explodes, taking the Aeran cruiser and 4 of the Seaxbane with it. The remaining Seaxbane turned on the Yeoman, which started to engage the Mules. The weakest Yeoman exploded, and when I looked at where the base should be I saw it had mysteriously disappeared. Then, suddenly, a Clydesdale came out of SPEC and incinerated the two Yeoman, and since they were closely engaged with the Mules, they Mules were caught in blast and were destroyed.

Unfortunatly, I totally forgot about taking screenshots, but thats just about the most insane battle I have ever seen.
Much love shall be extended to this excellent game and it's amazing community.

Munno's (outdated) guide to hacking VegaStrike Saved files!

There is no such thing as IRL, there is only AFK. In my case, year long AFKs.
"Do not walk in front of me for I will not follow.
Do not walk behind me for I will not lead.
Do not walk beside me, either. Just stay the hell out of my way!" - Stark
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Re: 3 way battle: Pirates VS Uln & Base Patrol VS Aera

Post by Turbo »

Wow. :shock: Did you tractor in any good cargo after the battle?
Turbo

There are two speeds in combat: stopped, and as fast as you can go. Unless you run into something, going fast keeps you alive more often than stopping.
Munno
Merchant
Merchant

Re: 3 way battle: Pirates VS Uln & Base Patrol VS Aera

Post by Munno »

Not really, I couldn't take much on board my Llama... Shame there were no AI Cores around... I found 3 automated factories though, but I couldn't exactly tractor them in.
Much love shall be extended to this excellent game and it's amazing community.

Munno's (outdated) guide to hacking VegaStrike Saved files!

There is no such thing as IRL, there is only AFK. In my case, year long AFKs.
"Do not walk in front of me for I will not follow.
Do not walk behind me for I will not lead.
Do not walk beside me, either. Just stay the hell out of my way!" - Stark