A question of perspective

A home for tales of personal killcounts and engagements between vast armadas, as well as the odd recounting of that time you saw an alien capship taking out a mining base while trying to parallel park.
Thorsten
Explorer
Explorer

A question of perspective

Post by Thorsten »

A while ago, I had a serious battle with a bunch of uln and dgn which kept following me - which left some 20 of them reduced to shreads. As a result, the shmrn decided to declare me persona non grata. Which is kind of annoying, because their space is in an important transition region when you fly from rlaan into aera space or into confed space. I had to leave in a bit of a hurry...

Anyway, I had some adventures in rlaan space, shot down multiple pirates, and when I came back, the shmrn had revoked my ban and with a rating of 47 or so, I could enter their space again. Well, they had forgotten - but I had not. And this time, I brought a Clydesdale...

Thus, to bring home the point, I targeted a shmrn mining colony and reduced it to a debris field.

The funny thing is - while the destruction of uln and dgn (which is not their business at all) caused by rating to drop like a rock with the shmrn, they took the destruction of a whole mining outpost including a lot of cargo and presumably crew rather kindly - I still have a positive rating and may fly onward unhindered to target another shmrn space station. Well, this truly seems to be an alien species with its own moral code...
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: A question of perspective

Post by loki1950 »

Have you had a look at the initial relations matrix it's the last thing in the save file so the New_game file in the root of the data folder has initial conditions :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Thorsten
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Thorsten »

Have you had a look at the initial relations matrix it's the last thing in the save file so the New_game file in the root of the data folder has initial conditions
Yes - naturally. And I understand mathematically that 20 dgn with small negative multiplier get me more into bad relations than a single mining colony with a large multiplier - the funny issue is more that taking down a fighter has the same weight in the relations calculation than taking down a vastly bigger mining colony. What matters is the number of kills - not what you kill. And for big targets, that's somewhat strange.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

There is chatter about rewriting the factional relations code to be finer grained :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2