So I was running cargo, innocent as you please...

A home for tales of personal killcounts and engagements between vast armadas, as well as the odd recounting of that time you saw an alien capship taking out a mining base while trying to parallel park.
HoodedWraith
Merchant
Merchant

So I was running cargo, innocent as you please...

Post by HoodedWraith »

Yup, I just downloaded VS a couple days ago and jumped right in. Save a few AI issues that I don't really care for, I'm having a lot of fun and sinking a lot of time into it. On to my story.

After making a jump run to the nearby Enyo system and discovering that Cephid 17 doesn't care for anything I bought there, I started a circuit running booze from Atlantis to the fighter base, buying their fissionable materials, precious metals, and industrial crystals, then hopping to the mining base and repeating, finally hitting Atlantis up again and making a tidy little profit. Nothing like those bulk haulers out there, but it was enough for me to beef up my ship's defenses a hair. So after a while, it seems I started angering the merchant guild. I started having to placate the bulk haulers to keep them from shooting me while screaming things about "stealing their profits" (I kid you not). I didn't really care, seeing as I could outrun those lumbering mudpigs without breaking a sweat.

With a smirk, I blew past a blockade of five or six mules (all packing some serious firepower, but moving about as quickly as a stoned snail) and hit up the fighter base. No big deal, a couple fighters shot at me, I didn't pay attention to markings, just bugged out.

And then the supposed friendly locals started chasing me in heavy bombers. Tracked me pretty well too, they're always waiting right after a spec boost. So now I'm trapped in the mining base with a flight of 8 heavy bombers lying in wait. I've ditched my cargo, but I still don't think I can easily outrun their little blockade.

I need to check a starmap and choose a less... hostile location to ply my trade now, methinks. I own a Llama (lovingly named the Roger Young) and an unblooded Plowshare that's yet unnamed. (Amusingly enough, the Plowshare did better at the blockade running than the Young did.)

Edit: Turns out the Klk'k faction no longer has the dominant military presence in the system, them thar bombers are Shaper craft. Whom I have somehow royally ticked off. Whoops!
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome HoodedWraith that sound about par :lol: doesn't take much to piss off a few of the factions.there is an external mapping utility that you might have a look at to find that quite backwater http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=6774 Have fun 8)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
HoodedWraith
Merchant
Merchant

Post by HoodedWraith »

loki1950 wrote:Welcome HoodedWraith that sound about par :lol: doesn't take much to piss off a few of the factions.there is an external mapping utility that you might have a look at to find that quite backwater http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=6774 Have fun 8)

Thanks for the link. I'd noticed it doesn't take much, just wiggle your wings wrong or maybe buy out all of the good cargo. I got my revenge though. It just took a little thought and effort.
Tramp freighter for hire. Will work for good whiskey, overstocked weaponry, or just a good story.
Sarin
Mercenary
Mercenary

Re: So I was running cargo, innocent as you please...

Post by Sarin »

spam is here...oh crap.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: So I was running cargo, innocent as you please...

Post by loki1950 »

Yeah my vacation from bot slaying is over :roll:

my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2