Dumb Uln

A home for tales of personal killcounts and engagements between vast armadas, as well as the odd recounting of that time you saw an alien capship taking out a mining base while trying to parallel park.
Steampunk2
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Dumb Uln

Post by Steampunk2 »

I dunno if its a glitch or its supposed to be like this, but i always seem to start at war with the uln. (Not as bad as when i first downloaded 0.5.0, then i was at war with everyone, literally).
Anyway i was making some cargo trips in cephid 17 in my Llama from the oceanic planet to the mining base and back, There were a few uln in the system but all trading ships. I decided to go to the mission computer and do some cargo missions. I equip my llama with some heatseekers and an ion thingy, and get the best shields i could afford, and then took off. At first everything was fine, but when i jumped into the next system i was soon under attack by some uln fighters. It was just a couple hyenas so i ripped them apart pretty easily without taking too much damage. Ijumped into the next system, aas i was getting ready to jump at the next point, at least 4 hyenas and a couple llamas began to assault me. I fired a couple missles and then quickly fled to the next jump point. And right behind me came 20 ships.

This was a lesson for me. Never leave cephid 17
Coragem
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Coragem »

Keep playing that save you will probably face the "Dodo Wave Tractor Beam of Death"

The most deadly force in VS, Dodos With tractor Beams.

1 - They push you into stations
2 - They mess up just when you are going to dock
3 - They are going to follow you, hunt you down, and tractor you to crash into them
4 - They set a Head on crash course with you: "nice easy kill..." you miss one out of 5 you killed in one beam. it hits your ship and you die... again.
5 - I dont like Urn Dodos...
6 - They don't like me either.
7 - This should be changed someday.
Solution: Make AI dont engage hostile ships if not armed with X+ dmg weapon OR fired upon first.

or something else, i wanted to know others opinion on this...

About leaving Cephid 17... well i kinda like playing in Rlaan space... Their ships are nice.
My System: Arch Linux x86_64 Bits CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 995 RAM: Kingston DDR2 800Mhz 8 GB GPU: Dual ATI Radeon HD 4830 512 MB Opensource ATI-Git Drivers. HD: SATA 500 Gb WindowManager: KDE4 Joystick: Thustmaster T.Flight Stick X USB
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Fireskull »

Its hard to make real money without leaving Cephid.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Fireskull! How are you doing, old friend? Hadn't seen you in like two years.
WCU is basically dead, as you probably noticed; but if you're still a Privateer at heart, a bunch of us old WCUers and PRers are now working together on Parallel Universe (pu.wcjunction.com). Just thought I'd let you know. Sorry for the OT-ness.
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Fireskull »

its okay, I sent you a PM chuck.
Steampunk2
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Well...

Post by Steampunk2 »

Lucky for me, after 5 more failed pilots i finally got to the point where the only people at war with me are the Aera Luddites And Pirates, Yay Me!
Now i think i'll venture out a little more often, and hope the dodo tractor wave thingy doesnt come after me
Steampunk2
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Well...

Post by Steampunk2 »

Lucky for me, after 5 more failed pilots i finally got to the point where the only people at war with me are the Aera Luddites And Pirates, Yay Me!
Now i think i'll venture out a little more often, and hope the dodo tractor wave thingy doesnt come after me
Steampunk2
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Well...

Post by Steampunk2 »