Cowardly Pirates

A home for tales of personal killcounts and engagements between vast armadas, as well as the odd recounting of that time you saw an alien capship taking out a mining base while trying to parallel park.
Mr. Fahrenheit
Trader
Trader

Cowardly Pirates

Post by Mr. Fahrenheit »

There I am, finally getting my Llama tricked out enough to think I can hold my own in a small firefight.

So "sure", I say to the Confed officer. "I would *love* to do an in-system scan of the Oedipus system for you. ...Pirates? pfahh, I've got you're pirates _right here_ pal!"

And, contrary to what you are expecting, it all went off without a hitch. A pirate showed up like clockwork as I completed the various scans, and I scattered their dirty Plowshares back into their elemental components with something like a smile on my face.

...except for this one coward who as I was orbiting the planet -- chasing him down like a hark on a rat -- decides he's had enough and *Spec's the hell out of the area* In fact, I can't find him in the system at all. The treacherous, dirty, son of a space slug! He cost me like 30k; if I ever catch up with him, he's even more toast than he would've been before!
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Maybe the AI is finally getting smart :wink: after all you toasted his buddies :lol:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Mr. Fahrenheit
Trader
Trader

Post by Mr. Fahrenheit »

well that's what I thought too. Of course, I had only fried 2 of 4 at that point. It was number 3 that ran. Number 4 was also on the other side of a planet, and it took a while to run him down at sub-spec speeds. Cocky bastard, he sat and insulted me right up to the point that he became a whiff of ozone. ;-)

anyway, for the benefit of any developers that might read this, I am quite enjoying the 0.5 release. Last I played very much was with 0.4.3, so the changes are pretty stunning.

Stuff I noticed immediately, having not progressed very far:
The reworked HUD is very nice.
Mouse glide improvements with the morphing steering recticle make glide very pleasing.
The lack of auto-spawn collisions makes things like a new game!
The entire game is just tighter; you can tell an immense effort has been put into things.

Thanks, and cogratulations to all on a terrific step forward!