Fun with pirates...

A home for tales of personal killcounts and engagements between vast armadas, as well as the odd recounting of that time you saw an alien capship taking out a mining base while trying to parallel park.
Nesmontu
Explorer
Explorer

Fun with pirates...

Post by Nesmontu »

Believe it or not, pirates are actually good for something!
While jumping around in search of fun missions, I was attacked by a couple of Forsaken citizens -- some Hyenas and Koalas, no threat to my ship. However, those guys had been after me a while now -- I don't know why but they're a major PITA... and being kinda fed up with it, I decided to blast this group to oblivion.
Bad idea.
While still in the fight, a couple of Andolian Franklins start attacking me. In the heat of the fight I didn't notice straight away that they weren't Forsaken, and I blasted one of them, then docked to a nearby station to look for a new bounty mission.
Upon undocking I find myself attacked by 6 or 7 Andolian Franklins, backed by a Confed Lancelot :shock: I got blasted this time, respawned, checked my status... the only positive relations were with the Aera and Luddites, exactly the opposite of what I want :roll:

And now we come to the part where pirates came to the rescue (in a manner of speaking)... hoping to improve my relations somewhat, I accepted a bounty mission on a couple of pirates, narrowly escaped the Franklins and Lancelot still after my butt, and blasted the pirates. Docked to save, relations better but still negative everywhere. So I undocked, and noticed there were a lot of other pirates in the system :twisted:
22 dead pirates later (3 Thales, the rest Plowshares) my relations are at 100 for everyone (except pirates, Uln, and Forsaken, which are at -100)

So in a way, those pirates really saved my butt... Not to mention I got some fighting practice in my brand new Admonisher and enough credits to get autotracking on my weapon mounts... In short: thanks to all pirates :lol:

*EDIT* Woops, this was supposed to go in the "A funny thing happened..." forum, sorry :oops:
Admonisher: 2x light ion beam - 2x shield breaker - 2x laser - 2x 15 dumbfires - 3 torpedos -- all with autotracking -- everyone beware! :twisted:
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

You turned a bad tactical situation around Nesmontu so it does belong here :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2