Talking To Myself in Vega Strike.

A home for tales of personal killcounts and engagements between vast armadas, as well as the odd recounting of that time you saw an alien capship taking out a mining base while trying to parallel park.
Maxaxle
Mercenary
Mercenary

Talking To Myself in Vega Strike.

Post by Maxaxle »

A few years ago, I volunteered myself as a voice actor for a handful of roles, including three Confed voices. At the time, I didn't think my efforts were taken seriously. Cut to tonight, as I'm getting back into VS, flying through Confed space. Noting a few Confed stations in the area, I decided to say hi. The stations then replied in a familiar voice, with phrases that rang a bell. It was at that moment that I realized I was listening to my own attempts at voice acting (which work decently in-game, mic quality aside).

TL;DR I sent myself a time capsule indirectly.
gonzo
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: Talking To Myself in Vega Strike.

Post by gonzo »

Good story. I hope the other you treated you well. :wink:
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Maxaxle
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Maxaxle »

gonzo wrote:Good story. I hope the other you treated you well. :wink:
Sorta. IIRC my Confed reputation at the time was +5.
alexis92
Trader
Trader

Post by alexis92 »

Maxaxle wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:41 am A few years ago, I volunteered myself as a voice actor for a handful of roles, including three Confed voices. At the time, I didn't think my efforts were taken seriously. Cut to tonight, as I'm getting back into VS, flying through Confed space. Noting a few Confed stations in the area, I decided to say hi. The stations then replied in a familiar voice, with phrases that rang a bell. It was at that moment that I realized I was listening to my own attempts at voice acting (which work decently in-game, mic quality aside).

TL;DR I sent myself a time capsule indirectly.
That must have been a trippy experience, but the realization was probably hilarious