Windows Tester needed

Strategic Mod for Vega Strike with tactical and combat view. Currently set in WC universe, but moddable.

Moderator: Omega

legine
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Windows Tester needed

Post by legine »

Anyone that would test Code on a windows Machine?
I currently lack the ressource of that OS. (My Vista is broke and does not finish booting :P )

I would send test Code for testing. I mean unfinished code, SO I see the reaction on Windows. (I am not a great Programmer that knows a lot what he is doing :P so I test quite regularly :) )

Thanks.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Really, I wouldn't worry about cross platform-ness. It's not easy to volunteer in advance, and Python does a pretty good job of making cross platform code.

The only hard part will be spawning the program, but even that is similar: for example os.spawnl("vegastrike.exe") vs. os.spawnl("./vegastrike")

Get it working on your operating system of choice, and post it here on the forums, and I'm sure that one of the many windows users out here can test or help with python differences.
legine
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by legine »

piarmada does use os dependend code.

The hard part is, to manage 2 gameingwindows since Vegastrike and piArmada are currently 2 independednd applications.

Dono. I would feel much easier if I can pm someone if I am unsure about what I am doing. I usually need to see things. thats why I ask. I am not talking about testing the hole game. I talk about testing snipplets in order to see if the construction I have in mind works as intended.

In the end it should not be more then 10 min for a testcase And since I am slow too there wont be a high out put. It is just for the start. And only for special testcases.
syscrash
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by syscrash »

Hey I can beta test for you if you need.

I'm also a web developer with PHP. I usually mod PHPBB3 message boards if you are interested.
legine
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by legine »

Thanks the offer!
I am unsure about the way I am wanted to go. I am thinking about changeing plans and grapple the big apple and do the integration in a one step action. Ace123 had some nice Ideas I need to check.

But I am chewing on some other problems atm.

For webside stuff. Sure you are welcome. I get back when I had some time to collect what I want. Dont want to make you nuts. I see that all day. No need I do the same sensless forward backward story with you too :P

If you have Ideas of yourself, you are welcome of course ;)