PiArmada needs a new developer

Strategic Mod for Vega Strike with tactical and combat view. Currently set in WC universe, but moddable.

Moderator: Omega

Omega
Explorer
Explorer

PiArmada needs a new developer

Post by Omega »

Due to my lack of free time, releases of PiArmada have always been few and far between. As of the last release, the game is approaching a state of near playability. I've gotten some very positive feedback from a few people, and a good list of suggested fixes and improvements. Unfortunately, I don't forsee myself ever having the time again to work on it. Other things have taken my free time, things of greater importance and interest to me. I'm sorry to see the project incomplete, though. I know I'm not the only one that would love to see a modern, full-featured version of Armada. I'm afraid it just won't happen under my direction.

So here's the deal. I want to hand the project over to someone else. It's open-source, so obviously anyone who wanted to can already make whatever changes they want. What I'm offering is my personal support. If you're a programmer and you want to see PiArmada remade, I'll do what I can to help you accomplish that. You can take over the project as the official lead dev. All my notes and collected suggestions, all my experience, and all my contacts will be at your disposal.

If you're interested, post here, and I'll give you whatever help I can.
legine
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by legine »

Hello Omega,

I hope nice things keep you from developing piArmada so it is worth it!

Well My freetime is limited too but I would like to keep the project alive. I volunteer to take the projekt over as maintainer if no one else will.
But at least I want to sign on as developer!

I am actively working on the code to get a Linux version. I did some changes an I think it is almost running. I need to fix the soundserver and the focus swapping for sure. But everything else looks fine.

Thought by all conciderations I only own a broken installation of Windows Vista. I was unable to fix the problem to get it back running again. Thought it has a very low priority to me. So it will be not easy to support windows. If anyone could join with access to windows and the will to help I think we could keep piArmada running for that OS too.
Same goes to mac.

Cheers Legine