Need yet another voice actor?

For collaboration between the different artists creating music and sound for vegastrike.
truman
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Re: Adding More Asteroid Belts/Fields?

Post by truman »

1.b. The game supports each ship having a male or female pilot, but the feature is not activated because the factions that do have voices have only one. So we definitely need female voices, because the only female actor we had (who played our Merchant Guild & Militia pilots and our news anchor) is no longer available.
truman
Maxaxle
Mercenary
Mercenary

Re: Adding More Asteroid Belts/Fields?

Post by Maxaxle »

truman wrote:1.b. The game supports each ship having a male or female pilot, but the feature is not activated because the factions that do have voices have only one. So we definitely need female voices, because the only female actor we had (who played our Merchant Guild & Militia pilots and our news anchor) is no longer available.
He has a point. Perhaps we set it up so that, when a ship is "created" with the rest of the universe, it rolls a die (or dice) to determine which set of lines it utilizes.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: Need yet another voice actor?

Post by klauss »

AFAIK, it's done like that already.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
Maxaxle
Mercenary
Mercenary

Re: Need yet another voice actor?

Post by Maxaxle »

The past weeks have been a mess for me; I'll see if I can get back to redoing the Forsaken lines around Monday.

EDIT: Been practicing my Forsaken accent, but haven't gotten anything worthwhile. Maybe I'll try something else...