[Shameless plug] More free music!

For collaboration between the different artists creating music and sound for vegastrike.
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

[Shameless plug] More free music!

Post by CLoneWolf »

Having been recently experimenting with a whole lot of free software for music production available for Linux, and heavily influenced by Psycodeine's awesome works, here I am to share more music with you all, be it useful as extra content for Vega Strike or not. The piece is called Afterburner and you can find it on this page that I called "Label Resistant Music", together with Far East; very little content on the page for now, but who knows, it might get more in the future...

Any kind of feedback is appreciated, but in case it's negative, please forewarn me early enough to let me reach safety distance before you shoot... :roll:
Psycodeine
Merchant
Merchant

Re: [Shameless plug] More free music!

Post by Psycodeine »

Dang, sound almost like a work of mine. Oh, forgot, the two latest things I've been working on. This is sweet. And MC707 is still not back. Well, we'd best carry on by ourselves. Planning on investing in the Waldorf Blofeld soon so I might have more in my ever growing arsenal. And I'm sorry that these are all not in ogg, I won't have time to convert them either, so don't ask.

123454321 (w/vocal samples that are really annoying)
http://forum.image-line.com//files/1234554321_181.mp3
(w/o vocal samples)
http://forum.image-line.com//files/1234 ... ix_628.mp3
(remix of a popular song)
http://forum.image-line.com//files/avb_ ... ke_201.mp3
(another attempt at the deadmau5 style)
http://forum.image-line.com//files/new_ ... ck_570.mp3
(a track that I quit on and need more ideas for)
http://forum.image-line.com//files/rendition_2_188.mp3
--
Psycodeine / Code 57
Soundcloud
Psycodeine
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Psycodeine »

And BTW: I liked it + the Superwave P8 is your friend *hint hint*.
--
Psycodeine / Code 57
Soundcloud
Psycodeine
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Psycodeine »

Forgot this one as well:

(another remix of a not so famous song,)
http://forum.image-line.com//files/feel ... at_846.mp3
--
Psycodeine / Code 57
Soundcloud
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by CLoneWolf »

Psycodeine wrote:Dang, sound almost like a work of mine.
Ayup, heavily influenced indeed! ;)
...considering that I like your deadmau5 style and I kinda copied your works, I just thought that I could pick "copyc4t" as an artist name if I ever decide to put my scattered music on sites like Jamendo or LastFm :mrgreen:
Psycodeine wrote:Oh, forgot, the two latest things I've been working on. This is sweet. And MC707 is still not back. Well, we'd best carry on by ourselves.
We're still at an early stage of brainstorming for the radio project so that's not a stopper, but it'd be nice to get life signals from him, and I also wonder where is our Sheperd loki1950! :(
Psycodeine wrote:Planning on investing in the Waldorf Blofeld soon so I might have more in my ever growing arsenal.
Will you celebrate its acquisition by remixing the good ol' "I've got the power" ? ;)
Thanks for sharing your latest works, gonna listen to them this evening!
Psycodeine wrote:And BTW: I liked it + the Superwave P8 is your friend *hint hint*.
Thanks for the appreciation! And about the Superwave P8, I had read about it on your page and it really caught my attention, but the current VST support under Linux is still in the works...

==== EDIT ====
I like the new stuff, awesome job with the AVB piece (classy!), and I like how your new deadmau5 one recalls your previous take on Children, which incidentally is one of my fav pieces of its time: I hope you find a way to complete the partial idea too!
Psycodeine
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Psycodeine »

Ah, 'The Power' by: Snap!
I was thinking something more like Everybody Dance Now by: C&C Music Factory or some kind of blaring trance that's incredibly well mixed and epic! Saw this trance song by Hyperspace on Youtube made completely with the Waldorf, google: waldorf blofeld trance. Some of the best drums I've ever heard to come from a hardware unit. Also the trance is epic because of the wavetable saws. Apparently it imitates the PPG wavetables for really clear and lush sound. You can even frequency modulate some of the sounds using a high frequency LFO (which is almost uncalled for lol.) Hope to then make some more stuff that will actually go with the project.
--
Psycodeine / Code 57
Soundcloud
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by CLoneWolf »

Psycodeine wrote:Ah, 'The Power' by: Snap!
I was thinking something more like Everybody Dance Now by: C&C Music Factory or some kind of blaring trance that's incredibly well mixed and epic!
Haha yeah, even more appropriate! :D
Psycodeine wrote:Saw this trance song by Hyperspace on Youtube made completely with the Waldorf, google: waldorf blofeld trance. Some of the best drums I've ever heard to come from a hardware unit. Also the trance is epic because of the wavetable saws. Apparently it imitates the PPG wavetables for really clear and lush sound. You can even frequency modulate some of the sounds using a high frequency LFO (which is almost uncalled for lol.) Hope to then make some more stuff that will actually go with the project.
Just checked that, I like those sounds a lot! But also the trusty ZynAddSubFX is quite full of space-like sounds that could help making content in theme with Vega Strike; can't really say if I'll ever be able to compose anything else in the future, but the tools are here :)
Meanwhile... the views of this thread grow (beyond the ones due to our replies), but the feedback count is still at 1, oh well... :(
Psycodeine
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Psycodeine »

The real issue is mobilizing people. I'm the only person I know who writes music, so I don't know anyone else who could help. Oh well, just hope somebody finds this interesting and drops on board soon enough.
--
Psycodeine / Code 57
Soundcloud
Psycodeine
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Psycodeine »

Good chance I might be waiting a few months to buy this synth (the Waldorf). It depends, sooner or later I'll get this. Since I'm 18, in high school, and unemployed, really makes things a bit harsh in the commodity world especially when buying music equipment. But I can gurantee that I will have this at some point so I can make some epic tracks.
--
Psycodeine / Code 57
Soundcloud
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by CLoneWolf »

Meanwhile, I'd really suggest you to take a look at ZynAddSubFX; it's totally free, and there are so many things you can edit on a single timbre that many people would get lost! I was happy with preset sounds for Afterburner, luckily :roll:
Oh, it was written for Linux originally, so I don't know how good is the current porting for Windows; but if you liked what you heard, it might be worth checking before the Waldorf reaches you :)
Rodan
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Rodan »

Hey guys, interesting stuff going on here. I just wanted to quickly note that the entirety of ZynAddSubFX [1] is built into the Linux MultiMedia Studio -- which, despite the name, actually runs better for me in Windows [2] because of the disgusting mess that is Linux sound these days.

I also have my own nascent little music thread here, FYI.

-Rodan

--------------------------------------
[1] Think of a less pronounceable and more awkward name next time, please
[2] With one slightly-annoying proviso: If I directly double-click on a LMMS project file in Windows, it freezes. I have to open LMMS by itself, then open projects from the File > Open menu.