Rogue music from the past... of the past

For collaboration between the different artists creating music and sound for vegastrike.
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Rogue music from the past... of the past

Post by CLoneWolf »

On my almost dead 286 lies a minimalist experiment I made ages ago, heard so far by less than 10 people, thanks to a midi sequencer with 256 tracks! :shock: and my trusty Roland D-20 synth and Yamaha TG-100 expander.
http://olografix.org/groucho/vs/far-east.ogg (5MB)
...i know it's very repetitive, that's what minimalist music is about :wink:
For now consider it CC BY-NC-SA, darn I hate legal stuff... :mrgreen:
Of course it wasn't made for VS, but if it can fit anywhere, there it is; I keep the original uncompressed recording, in case more refined post production is needed.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Rogue music from the past... of the past

Post by loki1950 »

As i mentioned by PM i like it has a pastoral feel.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
www2
Venturer
Venturer
Location: milkyway->the sol system->earth->Europe->The Nederland->Soud Holland->Leiden

Post by www2 »

@CLoneWolf

Thanks CLoneWolf but can your agree with a duo licenses (cc-by-nc-sa and gpl) if we put in VS.
All Your Base Are Belong To Us
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by CLoneWolf »

www2 wrote:Thanks CLoneWolf but can your agree with a duo licenses (cc-by-nc-sa and gpl) if we put in VS.
Ouch... Now I'll have to study well both licenses to answer you... :roll:

My main concern, in general, not specifically for this piece that has been dormant till now and might just have no value, is that (IIRC !) GPL would allow others (not us here) to make money on their works that include the GPL content, as long as the author is mentioned and the content is made available just the same way as they got it, or at least referenced in the documentation, e.g. with a link to the author's site. I'd prefer being asked first, if money was involved; even if just to give permission without asking for money, but it'd be my decision case by case.

Always IIRC, cc-by-nc-sa allows the author to loosen the nc clause case by case, like I'd do in this case, for instance, leaving no restraints on VS but keeping some control for the rest.

Maybe that's why you mention dual licensing, but that's a mechanism I haven't studied yet, how does it work? Does it mean that the content stays GPL only as long as it's contained in VS, but if someone takes it out of VS they have to comply with the cc-by-nc-sa? That'd be fine for me, even if it still leaves an open door for commercial GPL VS mods; again, I'm thinking generally, not just about my piece that would prolly be dropped from such mods anyway :mrgreen:
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by CLoneWolf »

OK, a better recording of "Far East" is online at the original address mentioned in the opening post.
Recorded as 32-bit float WAV, converted to OGG at max quality, size is around 13MB.
Try it in game and let me know if recording level and amount of leading and trailing silence are fine or need further adjustments, and if quality can be lowered to save on file size.

"Far East" is released under CC-BY-SA and GPL licenses as you see fit.