Militia ship-to-ship communications

For collaboration between the different artists creating music and sound for vegastrike.
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Militia ship-to-ship communications

Post by Turbo »

When my wife heard how nice my new condenser mike sounded, she offered to do another voice for the game. Of the remaining human factions, she chose the militia. So we made the recordings. In the process I noticed two oddities, but continued nonetheless:

The first oddity was that this voice set has twice as many lines as the others. None of the lines' purpose is not documented in the code, though many of them appear to be parts of a conversation about the player's location. One of the lines talks about transmitting data to the player, so I used a double-speed modem sound to create that effect.

I discovered the second oddity when integrating the voice lines into the game and testing them -- that the militia faction (which has a militia.xml and is listed in the wiki) does not exist in factions.xlm of the SVN version of the game. So, I adjusted factions.xml to put them in the game, after which the voice lines worked fine.

Here is the voice set with documentation and militia.xml:
http://www.willadsenfamily.org/us/don/t ... ilitia.zip (2.3 MB)

If the militia's absence from factions.xml was an oversight, let me know and I will more completely update the file and post it here.

Turbo
Turbo

There are two speeds in combat: stopped, and as fast as you can go. Unless you run into something, going fast keeps you alive more often than stopping.
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Re: Militia ship-to-ship communications

Post by pyramid »

This was committed but not tested.
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Turbo »

Thanks for the help! I tested it before posting here, and now that it's committed we all can test it.
Turbo

There are two speeds in combat: stopped, and as fast as you can go. Unless you run into something, going fast keeps you alive more often than stopping.
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by CLoneWolf »

Very good job again! Ayup! Yes indeedy! ;)