Unadorned ship-to-ship speech

For collaboration between the different artists creating music and sound for vegastrike.
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Unadorned ship-to-ship speech

Post by Turbo »

I am now working on the Unadorned speech. Recordings are done and editing is half done, but it's bedtime so I will finish after work tomorrow.

Since they are mathematical, logical beings (per http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/media ... :Unadorned) I am using a voice styled after "Keeper Atrus" from the Thief series of games. If you don't know who that is, he has a deep voice, is very logical, and always in control of his emotions.
Turbo

There are two speeds in combat: stopped, and as fast as you can go. Unless you run into something, going fast keeps you alive more often than stopping.
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Re: Unadorned ship-to-ship speech

Post by Turbo »

Here is the completed speech pack:
http://www.willadsenfamily.org/us/don/t ... dorned.zip

Since the Unadorned and Unadorned_Citizen lines are (currently) the same, the pack includes updated XML files for both (which reference the base variant's sound files), and both versions of the bounty text (same sound file, 2 copies with appropriate file names). So, if I updated the XMLs correctly it should work for both the Unadorned and Unadorned_Citizen factions.
Turbo

There are two speeds in combat: stopped, and as fast as you can go. Unless you run into something, going fast keeps you alive more often than stopping.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

Nice and very calm voices great !!!

it's like i thought about unadorned voices
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by CLoneWolf »

Turbo wrote:Since they are mathematical, logical beings
...when I first read their description some time ago, I couldn't help thinking about the Vulcan, especially Spock :)
I'd say that these Unadorned sound quite... appropriate :)
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

The files were committed. :D
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Turbo »

Thank you, it seems I got my Internet back just in time. Did I update the XML files correctly?
Turbo

pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

It is a good practise to test the implementation before submission. From the look I had on the files all seemed well, but as I'm phasing out of the project, I didn't test it myself.
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Turbo »

Well, since they are committed I can test them. Thanks for your help! Good luck in your future projects.
Turbo

Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

@Pyramid do you leave the Vegastrike Project????
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

If you missed it Fendorin he gives his reasons here.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

CLoneWolf wrote:
Turbo wrote:Since they are mathematical, logical beings
...when I first read their description some time ago, I couldn't help thinking about the Vulcan, especially Spock :)
I'd say that these Unadorned sound quite... appropriate :)
Just don't forget that the degree to which the Unadorned believe themselves to be logical beings and the degree to which they actually are logical beings isn't 1:1 :wink: (and likewise with the degree to which any other group believes the Unadorned to actually be logical beings :D )
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by CLoneWolf »

jackS wrote:Just don't forget that the degree to which the Unadorned believe themselves to be logical beings and the degree to which they actually are logical beings isn't 1:1 :wink: (and likewise with the degree to which any other group believes the Unadorned to actually be logical beings :D )
But of course! All's relative to the observer's point of view :) If I'm truly convinced to be logical, it means I've devised a logic that's coherent with my thoughts and course of action, no matter how absurd it could objectively be :)
So, if you agreed with my views, you'd see me as logical; otherwise you'd just arch your eyebrows, rub your chin thoughtfully and define my species as... fascinating :)

Anyway, I hope what we've done so far sounds appropriate for you too, so we can wear "M.o.I. approved" badges and be showoffs :mrgreen:
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Turbo »

He's got three months of traffic to catch up on, so it may be a while. I like to think that, by explaining our thought processes, he can more easily prepare guidance for future voice acting.
Turbo