Homeland Security ship-to-ship speech

For collaboration between the different artists creating music and sound for vegastrike.
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Homeland Security ship-to-ship speech

Post by Turbo »

Team,

I plan to work on the HomeLand Security faction next. The text for this faction suggests an inflexible and idealistic viewpoint, so I have figured out a voice that conveys that. However, there is one problem, which is this line: Filthy little brilliance runner; you're busted!

This clearly comes from the Privateer universe, where Brilliance is a moderately-priced illegal drug. There is no such cargo among the VS contraband http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/media ... Contraband

So, I propose to replace the line as follows: Filthy little smuggler; you're busted!

Are there any objections to this change?
Turbo

There are two speeds in combat: stopped, and as fast as you can go. Unless you run into something, going fast keeps you alive more often than stopping.
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Re: Homeland Security ship-to-ship speech

Post by CLoneWolf »

Turbo wrote:Are there any objections to this change?
None from me, rather, this raises a very, very, VERY important issue:
if any text changes are planned (I've always suspected that citizen and non-citizen speech being identical for a few factions was just a placeholder until more wits kicked in), they'd be best applied before the voice acting. Reworking part of the mechanist speech made it clear to me that it's not always easy to recreate the exact same conditions of the first recording; so, being able to do all the recording in one shot grants a more consistent outcome and eases the actors' job.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Good point CloneWolf Then lets have someone check for the ones they feel need replacement and/or rewording.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Turbo »

Here is the first draft of the Homeland Security faction voice, using the characteristics I mentioned before.
http://www.willadsenfamily.org/us/don/t ... curity.ogg (1.1 MB)

If feedback is favorable, I will break it into the appropriate sound files and post it as a ZIP file.

By the way, I removed any sound files from my web site that are already integrated into SVN (aera with translator overlay, rlaan, etc), so some older links in other threads will not work.
Turbo

There are two speeds in combat: stopped, and as fast as you can go. Unless you run into something, going fast keeps you alive more often than stopping.
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by CLoneWolf »

Officers on duty with commitment. That's them :)
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

Yep. Nice.
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Turbo »

I am glad you like it. Here is the full package after editing.
http://www.willadsenfamily.org/us/don/t ... curity.zip
Turbo

Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Turbo »

As Pyramid pointed out in the other thread, I forgot the bounty line and one other. Here are the missing files (so you need not download the other files again):
http://www.willadsenfamily.org/us/don/t ... rity_2.zip
Since this is almost integrated into SVN, I am taking the sample voice off my site and, once this voice is in SVN, will take the ZIP files off also.
Turbo

pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

Thanks for the quick action. All the stuff including the updates are now committed.