VStrike-inspired Musical Sketch, lemme know if it's useful

For collaboration between the different artists creating music and sound for vegastrike.
scherzo
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

VStrike-inspired Musical Sketch, lemme know if it's useful

Post by scherzo »

Hey,

I'm new to the forum, but figured I'd share this:

http://pcm.peabody.jhu.edu/~jchernoff/s ... g/vega.wav
http://pcm.peabody.jhu.edu/~jchernoff/s ... g/vega.mp3

It's a quick and dirty orchestration of something I was goofing out on the piano a little while ago. For some reason it sounds vaguely Vega Strike-ian to me.

What do you think, sirs?

Cheers,

- John
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: VStrike-inspired Musical Sketch, lemme know if it's useful

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome scherzo nice pastoral feel to it might fit as a peace anthem for one of the factions but not my responsibility to choose :wink: which.have you had a look at the various brainstorm threads not very useful but a place to start.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
kensuguro
Artisan
Artisan

Post by kensuguro »

you gotta be kidding... you're in peabody's computer music program??? Insane. muchas respectos man. <-is that even correct?
You must be laughing at the stuff I did for vegastrike.. haaha.

Great orchestration.. sounds a little traditional to me, but it sounds good. Got more?
Will be great if you can PM me if you have any other non related personal material.
scherzo

Post by scherzo »

Hi Ken,

Actually, I was just one of the piano majors at Peabody that the resident composers would abuse and torture. :) But occasionally I make a feeble attempt at returning the favor. :)

Btw, I absolutely love some of the vega strike music you've done - I'm actually pretty clueless still about all the modern music making tools and techniques out there right now, but sometimes the results are fantastic and I'm trying to belatedly learn something about it just for kicks right now.

As far as this little snippet, it was pretty much a random whim one morning, and honestly I'm shocked that it's even possible to make stuff like this using just Finale 2007. I'm trying to get into Reason at the moment, but it's a bit addictive and my actual job gets in the way until breaks. Ah well. :)