Propose Aeran Stations

Active development of content (Art, story, etc.). Content slated for inclusion will be listed in the parent forum.

Moderator: pyramid

Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Propose Aeran Stations

Post by Fendorin »

Hello

A Symetric rlaan station ?
is according with rlaan style?,
i think rlaan is ancestor of galaxie like a Sumer/babylonien/egyptian/minoan...etc civilisation no?

i think Fighter barak and outpost:

texture database rlaan station texture
http://www.divshare.com/download/1222540-fbf
Miramor
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Miramor »

Hmm. That doesn't really look Rlaan. Very pretty though.

(I can think of a number of uses for those. Elder ships in a B5 mod, experimental Goa'uld ships in a Stargate mod, Shan temple-ships in a Mythos mod...)
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

The current rlaan base is a single tetrahedron so the use of two is right for the rlaan mentality the renders are kinda dark let's see some surface detail the docking areas etc sell this model.the reason i ask about the dock is an experience trying to dock an escape pod to the current base it was not fun the base was in an asteroid field end of story i got shot at by the rlaan for to my bumps on there hull :lol:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

very pretty :D

NOT rlaan, however. dont mistake the current model for rlaan bases as the basis. rlaan bases should be organic, like their ships. anway These bases will do VERY nicely as Aeran bases, imo.
A Step Into Oblivion

Dreams of things that will never be,
Songs of thoughts only I can hear,
Leave me be to sleep forever,
To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,
Of things that will never be...
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

I think the big one is good to go for being an Aeran base. For the little fellow, is there any possibility the spines could be pruned for an Aeran debut?
Ryder P. Moses
Daredevil Venturer
Daredevil Venturer

Post by Ryder P. Moses »

Dude, that's awesome. When you use an integrated color scheme and textures that blend together well, your stuff looks way more impressive than with all the wild stripes and multiple loud colors. The surfaces here are maybe just slightly too similar, having the substructure surfaces (lumpy bits between the pyramids) be of a just slightly different scheme than the pyramids proper might make it feel more like a space station, but it's still all very impressive looking. Somehow the rounded edges on everything help increase the sense of scale.
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Re:

Post by pyramid »

@Fendorin,
Looks like your idea on the base was Aeran Figher Barracks. If you'd post the model, I can integrate it swiftly.
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Re: Propose Aeran Stations

Post by charlieg »

It amazes me how many high quality contributions Fendorin has made.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

@pyramid i have a copy of the mesh and textures but i have it as an Arean Medical base :?

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

I've got the idea of fighter barracks from the image naming. Whatever, I'm fine to go. Maybe the artist's and minister's inputs would help resolve this riddle.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

ok i will rework the texture first and it was a medical aera bases (the one calling unknown in the wiki dev page... the last entries...

i have the model but i loose the masters files fo texture...(but isn't a big problem) post soon on this thread ( maybe tonight)