Seaxbane (was Daphne) (Finished)

Active development of content (Art, story, etc.). Content slated for inclusion will be listed in the parent forum.

Moderator: pyramid

Miramor
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Miramor »

I'm thinking more along the lines of a drone, like in previous posts. Aera prototype, maybe?

(It may sound kind of weird, but the hull does have an Aera look to it. And given their attitude, it would make sense for the Aera to put mean drones in places you wouldn't normally think of.)
Miollnir
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Miollnir »

True, it does look like a drone, but damn, I wanna fly that sexy thing!

*drools*
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by esgaroth »

Absolutely stunning indeed. I'm not sure the style is too vegastrikish, though that'll be for the ministry of information to decide; but it does look rather startrekkish to me. I don't know where the vegatrek guys are these days; there was a flurry of activity in that forum 6 months or so ago and now seems dead again...
:D A voice from the grave :
Not really dead, but Tillias got a new job and I became father the day before yesterday... so pardon me but our priorities are not necessarily vega trek at the moment... but this will change next month or so. We are almost finished with the new release, but neither tillias nor me has any idea of python, therefore everything is awfully slow at the moment and if anyone with some python knowledge has some spare time he is more than welcome to help us....
To the model, it is absolutely stunning and I would really like to introduce it to vega trek. Not really sure about the faction, though. Maybe privateer/orion pirates or klingon (due to the cannons, the only faction in trek universe with visible cannons/guns are the klingons, e.g. bird of prey). I will download it and import it into vegatrek soon.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Hey esgaroth, congratulations... your life is over now! :lol:

Seriously, repeating my offer, I don't know python exactly, but gained some experience in modding missions, so if you could tell me what you need, I could give you a hand... the PU staff is currently busy with PR artwork, so I got some time.

/OT
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

@esgaroth

:wink: it's free to use for vegastrike and all its mods. thanks :D
A Step Into Oblivion

Dreams of things that will never be,
Songs of thoughts only I can hear,
Leave me be to sleep forever,
To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,
Of things that will never be...
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by esgaroth »

Hey esgaroth, congratulations... your life is over now!
:D Well, we already have a daughter so we did know what will expect us. But stress rises exponentially with the number of children... and the spare time is shrinking into the void...
it's free to use for vegastrike and all its mods. thanks
Thanx, oblivion. I will try to handle it with care...
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

We're employing this model for VS as the Seaxbane, a Highborn-produced security drone (launchers for which to be added to various civilian installations)
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

I don't believe any of these ships are available in faction_ships.py yet?

Also, I got confused when I saw all the ships that had a description saying "Dupe of something for testing".
Seaxbane,./seaxbane,SeaxBane,,Vessel,FIGHTER,"Dupe of Pacifier for testing"

Are these fighters going to be included for this release? Or if we are actually going to follow through with the 6 month release cycle would it be better to wait?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

It's just a matter of giving each one proper stats the dups are just close to start the process work on them has staled though.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2