turret for armani tuxedo

Active development of content (Art, story, etc.). Content slated for inclusion will be listed in the parent forum.

Moderator: pyramid

Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

turret for armani tuxedo

Post by Fendorin »

Bonjour

i make a rapidly simple turret for a ship

the design is typical mecanist-work!

snow_Cat
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by snow_Cat »

^ - -^ not bad, I like.
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Re: turret for armani tuxedo

Post by Shissui »

Fendorin wrote:i make a rapidly simple turret for a ship
the design is typical mecanist-work!
It doesn't look very Mechanist to me -- Mechanists tend to build boxy stuff with lots of corners.
It is, however, very well suited to the ship you are putting it on.

I can just imagine taking an Aeran flight wing out on a training run --
"Don't uncloak until you can see the black of its eyes." (nice touch!)
I want to live in Theory. Everything works in Theory.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

arh !

yes for mecanist style

but i thought mecanist create a simply product,
but for confed the mecanist a effort is made for adapte a confed style
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

i think change a 2 yes (is so to-much) for a cyclope version
and hard style ,more screw and bolts, no?

is just pre-release version i
work on 3 version off generic turret

1-light(flak,laser,bolt,anti missile......)
2-medium(see up)
3-heavy(like *Monitor* secession war with short cannon)
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

Fendorin wrote:but i thought mecanist create a simply product,
but for confed the mecanist a effort is made for adapte a confed style
Mechanists are a human varient that freely embraces mechanical improvements; wherever this is likely to improve function. Thus, since the human hand has only one thumb, a mechanist might replace it with one that has two thumbs solely for the better grip that this would offer. The mechanist would make no effort to conceal this modification or to make it look like a human hand -- why waste effort on cosmetic details?

Within VS, this attitude is displayed by a dark colour scheme, lots of sharp angles & corners, many bolts & rivets, and a lack of details that cannot be justified to serve some purpose.

In real life, sharp angles and corners do not always mean function without style. However, this is a convenient standard that has been adopted in VS to make Mechanist ships look more like each other than like somebody else.

Andolian and Confederation ships have a lot more style to them; but still tend to favour a priority on function. Your battleship looks very "Confederation" to me & the turret is very consistent with the design of the ship, focusing on simple curves. They go very well together.

Your particular ship is a "MK32", a ship built by Mechanists as part of their contribution to the Confederation. At first glance, the observer *should* think "Confederation". If it looked very Mechanist, then people might confuse the mechanist and the Confederation styles.

Rather, if they are building this for the joint navy, then they would probably also build another version for themselves. THAT version should be the one that has a boxier turret with plenty of bolts along the seams. But, it should have about half the polygon count for the basic ship too.

[Disclaimer: This interpretation has not been approved by Jack, but I have faith that it is still consistent with his vision.]
I want to live in Theory. Everything works in Theory.
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

if i were to assign this ship (and turret, as they go together), i'd say either unadorned or highborn.
A Step Into Oblivion

Dreams of things that will never be,
Songs of thoughts only I can hear,
Leave me be to sleep forever,
To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,
Of things that will never be...
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

Shissui wrote: Your particular ship is a "MK32", a ship built by Mechanists as part of their contribution to the Confederation. At first glance, the observer *should* think "Confederation". If it looked very Mechanist, then people might confuse the mechanist and the Confederation styles.

Rather, if they are building this for the joint navy, then they would probably also build another version for themselves. THAT version should be the one that has a boxier turret with plenty of bolts along the seams. But, it should have about half the polygon count for the basic ship too.

[Disclaimer: This interpretation has not been approved by Jack, but I have faith that it is still consistent with his vision.]
Close enough :)

This is a vessel built by the Mechanists, and thus should have some trace of their involvement, but it is a ship commissioned by and for the Confederation Navy, so it isn't intended to be an overall design of markedly Mechanist nature.

IMHO, there aren't enough (as in small single-digit number) in purely Mechanist service to warrant prioritizing making a more overtly Mechanist variant of the main craft.

---

As for the turret, the intersecting-hull-turret-design is ok, but if you're going to do that, please make a collar model to seat the main turret part in so as to help hide the polygon intersections - otherwise it looks a bit off on close inspection.

For the main batteries, if at all possible, a two-part turret (base that only moves in yaw, gun that only moves in pitch) would be preferable for how VS prefers to handle turrets.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

Bonjour mon bon ministre!

i am ok

i work for a mk32mecanist version

and new two part turret