Proposed Model for an Andolian Battlecruiser

Active development of content (Art, story, etc.). Content slated for inclusion will be listed in the parent forum.

Moderator: pyramid

klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Don't feel angry - it's a good thing.
It means it was officially accepted.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

oooooh. :shock:

:lol: I did not know that. sorry. :wink:
A Step Into Oblivion

Dreams of things that will never be,
Songs of thoughts only I can hear,
Leave me be to sleep forever,
To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,
Of things that will never be...
JoeB4226
Explorer
Explorer

Post by JoeB4226 »

i think that this looks crazy good.

just an idea, you dont have to do anything with this but, what about fighters with the same design and color scheme? i think that would look really good.

but whatever you want to do.
A wise man once said: " If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for an hour. Light a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life."
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

:roll: still haven't touched it for about two weeks now. :( I've been stressed, depressed, and basically f**kd up this month. :( But I'm used to that. hehe. Promise, I'll work on finishing it this weekend, then let's see if I can get other models that look like this cruiser. :D
A Step Into Oblivion

To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

I was revisiting this nice ship, mostly because I wanted a uniquely-mapped (bijective UV coordinates) mesh with enough geometric complexity to test shaders, and I notice I'm missing a glowmap.

I know I have the base maps, with windows, but I don't have MAX, so... Oblivion... would it be too much to ask for it?

Basically, you only need to render-to-texture a complete map with the windows, the built-in lights, but no "external" lights (as in the sun). It would look mostly black.
Wing Commander Universe
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

Sure. :lol:

No problem. I'm working on this next anyway. Seeing I'm almost done with the Forsaken gunship. You need glowmaps only right? I'll re-render a diffuse map and give you the mesh with new UV coords and all.

I didn't render a glowmap because I didn't know how then. No worries, I know a lot more now. I can render glowmaps.

I'll probably finish it this wednesday, (still have to work on the snout windows). How's that? I'll email them to you. (Chuck withdrew ftp support? :( )

How'd you like the maps? I render them mostly at 2048x2048, but given, it's a big ship. I'll try to double that, maybe. You can scale it down if it's too big.
A Step Into Oblivion

To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

I can still access his FTP. Perhaps you didn't get the new server (there was a server change, once, which requires new usernames)?

Anyway... just email me: klaussfreire, a gmail account.

BTW: there were some oddities with the unwrapping that made it behave poorly, and some tesselation issues as well (some overlapped triangles, I don't know where they come from). If you're working on it, you could send a new .obj as well, as I'm suspecting some brokenness with the one I have.

That, or I could try to import the .3ds somehow.
Wing Commander Universe
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

there was a server change, once, which requires new usernames
:?: dunno about that. Actually I don;t know much about how ftp's work. :? Anyway, can you ask Chuck if I could still have that ftp? It was the only way I could post my models.. :(
send a new .obj
That's the idea. Since the retextured model I'm working on now have not yet been merged (they're composed of a lot of individual polys that I have to use boolean on), It will unwrap differently from the first, making the first maps useless. I'll do everything.

BTW: The Forsaken Gunship I was working on is ready. With tentative unit properties I editted in units.csv, I still have to tackle on how to make it available in the market tho. And some problems with defining target vertices.

I can't upload it to chuck's ftp tho, :wink: . Is it acceptable as a VS ship? I would've asked JackS. But he's real busy with some papers now. He did say he liked it tho. :lol: It's been so long since a ship has been submitted.

... :?

Anyway, I'll send you the new Hawking .obj, .3ds, maps, etc. I'll also probably test it ingame first. One major setback, :wink: . A transformer near our town exploded yesterday. That means blackout for half of our town, including our house. :P I'll have to wait until the power people fix the lines. They usually do scheduled maintenance on saturdays, but maybe they could fix it up sooner. *sigh*

:D
A Step Into Oblivion

To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Oblivion wrote:Is it acceptable as a VS ship?
Sorry, I can't help much.
To me, it is acceptable.
But I wouldn't know about factions and other important details, that's JackS' department. Or perhaps dandan can be a bit more helpful in the meanwhile. But certainly not me. :?
Wing Commander Universe
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

It's a quality ship .. there'll definitely be a place for it :-) Even if I have to convince Jack to make up a new one :-P

Dan
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
-- Pablo Picasso
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

@klauss and @dan
lol. okay. thanks.

problem tho.. upload? where can I upload them? :wink:
... i wishy wishy chuck wash here... :(

@Klauss:
Electricity came back, un milagro :roll: , last tuesday - 8pm. However, had some really stressful exams today. Had to study, and when studying I'm so grumpy I snarl. To say it simply: I was not in the mood to twiddle with a half-completed ship's maps again... It just bores me to tears to work the same problems again. but I'll do it tomorrow. I got diverted too much with a shaper concept (check it out. :wink: ), which lifted off some of the stress. But working on the battlecruiser would have definitely been a bad idea then. But I WILL do double time tomorrow. sorry.. really.. :oops:
A Step Into Oblivion

To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

NP man, I too have like 3 finals in one week to worry about.
Wing Commander Universe
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

:roll: still not done. Midterms next week. Pretty hectic right now with parctical exams, long quizzes. project submissions. :wink:

Another free time tomorrow. Will see if I can find time for the battlecruiser. Sorry. :wink:
A Step Into Oblivion

To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,