argument to remove need for spec

Development directions, tasks, and features being actively implemented or pursued by the development team.
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Re: argument to remove need for spec

Post by jackS »

Deus Siddis wrote: I must admit that I am biased towards having a less populated and less civilized universe in general though.
I still think the key issue here is diversity of system development and intersystem traffic -- namely, to a first order, systems behind, at, and beyond the development frontier. Similarly, systems on and off the beaten paths between places people are trying to move between, and local economic particulars (boom town equivalents in otherwise empty stretches or low traffic zones in heavily populated but impoverished areas) would also add to diversity of local flavor. One of the neat things about going to, say, Kubernan, or Bantam should be that it is a bit of a zoo, but that such density is novel. Not everywhere should be Manhattan, and not everywhere should be Nunavut, and it should be readily apparent when one is in one or the other. Currently, everywhere is ... the suburbs during a gang war?
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Post by Deus Siddis »

jackS wrote: I still think the key issue here is diversity of system development and intersystem traffic -- namely, to a first order, systems behind, at, and beyond the development frontier.
Would this primarily involve python changes or would some serious engine level reworking be necessary?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

It's just a change in the cofig file IIRC but that one increases traffic globally so some filtering would needed defining system pop level.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
PaulB
Merchant
Merchant

Post by PaulB »

Doesn't anyone believe in UFOs?

I do - and I think they have more than one method of manipulating Space/Time and Relativity has little impediment for them. if they do exist and you believe the reports of military pilots from WWII up until today (who were willing to make them) then they could certainly fly circles around any of our aircraft with apparently no concerns for G-forces.

I think they can control:
(1) Gravity/Antigravity and travel by this method as one option.
(2) Punch a hole in space/time virtually anywhere and travel by a means that supersedes Relativity and it's limitations
(3) interdimensional travel where the laws of physics are different - no time? who knows what?
(4) possibly a interdimensional tap for power replentishment based on matter/antimatter - maybe their fuel source is "Dark Matter" itself - apparently no end of it throughout the cosmos.

I'd love to have a flying saucer in a game. I always liked the one in This Island Earth.

Paul
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Deus Siddis wrote:
jackS wrote: I still think the key issue here is diversity of system development and intersystem traffic -- namely, to a first order, systems behind, at, and beyond the development frontier.
Would this primarily involve python changes or would some serious engine level reworking be necessary?
I think both.

A lot of python would be needed for overall simulation of said universe, but there's also a lot of AI work to be done to make the units in each system type behave as they should given their surroundings.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
ezee
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Post by ezee »

klauss wrote:
Deus Siddis wrote:
I think both.

A lot of python would be needed for overall simulation of said universe, but there's also a lot of AI work to be done to make the units in each system type behave as they should given their surroundings.

" I still think the key issue here is diversity of system development and intersystem traffic "

Off topic:
I agree , but i would like to discuss OFFTOPIC about the meaning of development .
You all seem to focus with the code implication , that is an evidence .
But ...

If there is nothing DIFFERENT so see in other systems , why go there ?
So my position is to first create an environment with ART ( i started to do that with
the aera specie , and i have now a new animation for the com that could be launched
when you encounter an aera in space : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Va9-CTnbg )
But i really need other elements to be able to create aeran's buildings , citys etc ...
IF you plan to make atmospheric flight , you will need that kind of stuff .
But even if it's too hard to make for you ( with the actual game engine ) , we can use cinematics to give a better immersion in the game ( Landing , docking , flyby city's etc ...)

It's time to create the universe anticipated years ago , to materialize ideas with actions.
Find in what was written in the background story the elements that we can " upload " in the game , NOW .
The most simple is the 2d animations display for the alien races that are not represented , to give to the users that feeling of CULTURAL DIVERSITY .

But okay , you could consider that you are working in the ingame travel system ,
and that you will create the background later .
BUT this background is the main factor of attraction for real players and NPC .
CULTURAL , POLITICAL , ECONOMICAL

Darkvixen and I are activly working in that background , to populate the VS universe .
But even the homeworld of Aera's is still undefined !
Wich road will you take to go in a place that don't even exist ?
:roll:
I want to create quests in aera system , but where is it ?

I'm starting a new work with the Mishtali , that could be an attraction for real players.
Designed to work in spaceports , and potentially be agressive , it's this kind of character
that may bring spice in the adventure and the gameplay .
EDIT : But the RLAAN might be a better choice for the short term 2D com display .ani

I want to use cinematics , but i started with animated frames to match the actual
DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM .
Perhaps introduce 2d Animation for news ? ( using the actual frame work )
What i try to say is that you should consider the artistic part in the system's development pass .
And consolidate the main campaign with that factor.

Other point : TIME TRAVEL
Very good things ( historical events between species ) were written /founded by Jacks , but these elements are not present in the game .
REMINDER :
Off topic:
Important Dates: (dates are proposed) (Mine aren’t perfect either, but they’re my first pass at things.)
Exploration Period Begins
2927 Unadorned discover Mishtali (First Contact: Humans)
2956 Beckett's Murky Venture
2988 Lightbearers discover Ktah
2988 Lightbearers occupy Ktah
2988 Andolians discover Ktah
2988 Andolians declare war on The Lightbearers (Fraternal War)
2989 Hoshino uprising, nulcear retaliation by The Lightbearers
2990 Andolians liberate Ktah
2990 Ktah Restoration Project
2991 Andolians reveal Spaceborn
2991 Arms proliferation increases across majority of human space
2992 Andolians begin to systematically debilitate Lightbearer faction
2994 Andolians defeat LightBearer faction, liberating Spaceborn and Shmrn
2996 Surviving Lightbearers turned over to Klk'k, Spaceborn and Shmrn custody.
2996 Lightbearer meme-group rendered defunct
2997 Andolian Protectorate established
3002 Shmrn colonization efforts begin
3003Andolians cede control of several former Lightbearer colonies to other factions
3006 Diplomatic talks commence concerning Confed
3006 LIHW formed
Exploration Period Ends
Off topic:

There are ways to remedy to that lacks : Each date is a quest !
As we speak about SPEC travel , we could talk about TIME TRAVEL , and introduce in the game , elements of " Fraternal war " -for exemple . A kind of flashback that is a mean for the player to enter in the VS story roots , and for the dev team to accomplish several years of brainstorming .

In a scifi universe , we SIMULATE the reality .
And simulate is not only a science practice , but also ... magic ( illusion tricks) .
_You enter in a black hole or your prefered space anomaly, and live a quest in the fraternal war times , that's the idea .

Do you really play to VS to learn the exact laws and forces of the universe , or to be able to play with them and have fun ?

So , SPEC or not , i won't go to another place if this place is a boring place .
End of my silly symphony .
:lol:

Code: Select all

if (!track.HasWeapons())
            {
                // So what are you going to threaten me with? Exhaustion gas?
                return ThreatLevel::None;
            }
Vegastrike evolved
DEV YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Vegastrike evolved wiki
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

Deus Siddis wrote:
To agree with Klauss, but to say it slightly differently:

Changing per-system density of craft/type of craft/faction(i.e. presence and percentage of, say, pirates) can be done (probably purely) via python scripting and/or data-side alterations, if any engine side work is required, it's just exporting some additional variables to be python visible (to, for instance, feed whatever function is the basis of whether or not a system is to be dense/lawless/etc. or not).

Changing intra-system distribution of craft among points of interest - engine side (AI)
Changing how craft react to being in a system with different density or different types of PoI - engine side (AI)
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

ezee wrote: Off topic:
Lots of good thoughts there, but to respond to what I think is the simplest one, in some regards (although challenging from an art quantity perspective)

I don't think we have to go with time travel to experience past (or future) events in the VS timeline. Scripted modules taking place in particular subsets of the greater scope of time/space in the VSU would be a great way to develop many features in a smaller, more testable environment. I think such modules would probably work best in semi-stand-alone fashion, alongside, or as parallel gameplay modes/models/modules in addition to the current, intended storyline for Deucalion. One logical starting place for fostering this sort of development would actually be to have the tutorial be a top-level game menu option (or a submenu of scenarios, including a tutorial) rather than the current approach of grafting Oswald onto the beginning of UtCS. This would require some (long-overdue) engine tweakery, but it's not major surgery, per se (the new-game option is just loading a copy of a read-only save game -- this just requires selecting among different read-only savegames with the initial scenario states ... and someone to redo the menu). However, once you have both "new game" and "tutorial" options, having additional ones becomes a data, rather than engine problem. While the engine does support arbitrary mission loading (thats what all those .mission files are) it's never really been used much outside of unit testing or dataset calibration.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

jackS wrote:
ezee wrote: Off topic:
Lots of good thoughts there, but to respond to what I think is the simplest one, in some regards (although challenging from an art quantity perspective)

I don't think we have to go with time travel to experience past (or future) events in the VS timeline. Scripted modules taking place in particular subsets of the greater scope of time/space in the VSU would be a great way to develop many features in a smaller, more testable environment. I think such modules would probably work best in semi-stand-alone fashion, alongside, or as parallel gameplay modes/models/modules in addition to the current, intended storyline for Deucalion. One logical starting place for fostering this sort of development would actually be to have the tutorial be a top-level game menu option (or a submenu of scenarios, including a tutorial) rather than the current approach of grafting Oswald onto the beginning of UtCS. This would require some (long-overdue) engine tweakery, but it's not major surgery, per se (the new-game option is just loading a copy of a read-only save game -- this just requires selecting among different read-only savegames with the initial scenario states ... and someone to redo the menu). However, once you have both "new game" and "tutorial" options, having additional ones becomes a data, rather than engine problem. While the engine does support arbitrary mission loading (thats what all those .mission files are) it's never really been used much outside of unit testing or dataset calibration.
I think this is all quite doable with just a little artwork (menu stuff) and python coding (minor stuff).

Loading a different savegame is already possible, we implemented it for GG I believe, I don't remember, but implemented we did, so it's quite simply a matter of doing the savegames and adding the button.

The savegame can specify era too, and if we needed to (don't think so) customize the artwork/unit databases themselves, we could make it so that python can dynamically load mods (also doable).

So it's more a thing of content production rather than engine support, I believe.
Wing Commander Universe
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

klauss wrote: So it's more a thing of content production rather than engine support, I believe.
Yup. That's why I suggested it as "simple" from an implementation standpoint, if potentially challenging from an art quantity standpoint - the relative lack of tools for actually developing scripted scenarios notwithstanding :)
ezee
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Post by ezee »

Good !
we are sounding like a fine tuned space harp !
:wink:
this just requires selecting among different read-only savegames with the initial scenario states ... and someone to redo the menu).
That is a part that greatly interest me , as i plan to code something like a console that will use the GUI system we already have . Talking about menu , Esc+Q should pop up this menu, instead of shutdown the program .
So
<bind key="esc" modifier="none" command="Cockpit::Quit"/>
would have been
<bind key="esc" modifier="none" command="Cockpit::Menu"/>
:idea:
So it's more a thing of content production rather than engine support, I believe.

wow ! That is a good news .
We already have INTELLECTUAL CONTENT ( thank you Jacks :wink: ) , we just need
artistical content ? I will do my best , but it's true that we will need to fix the tools for
create Art content for VegaStrike.
I have tried without success to use MESHER to convert from bfxm format to .obj , in the
goal of import some Vessels in Blender . ( for cinematic purposes ... )
I am ok to test with you the different options we have to import/export datas from Blender to VS and VS to Blender .

I am ok also to produce some 3d interfaces to render 2d textures for the GUI system ,
like computer interface , TV screen , SPace Juke Box and other buttons and switches .
( ah ah ah i just had the idea to make a poker game in the stations , just to know how i feel without money and spaceship in a miner station , near the sector you never want to go ... :lol: )

And have a brainstorm about the GUI STYLE for the menus ?
( from an artistic side i want cool animated menus , from the c++ coder i say ' why not ? '
Let me just see how it works for the com display and clone it for the menus items ) .

Use Art to help to maximize the use of cool features of VS's render engine is indeed a good idea .

But that is not an argument to remove need for spec , but for add Art with or without SPEC .

So , what's next ?
Last edited by ezee on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

if (!track.HasWeapons())
            {
            }
Vegastrike evolved
DEV YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Vegastrike evolved wiki
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

ezee wrote:That is a part that greatly interest me , as i plan to code something like a console that will use the GUI system we already have . Talking about menu , Esc+Q should pop up this menu, instead of shutdown the program .
There is already a console available have a look at the key assignments in the config file.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
ezee
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Post by ezee »

You are serious ?
:D

wait ...
<bind key="]" modifier="none" command="TextMessage"/>
Is it that you were talking about ?
Good idea , i will trace it in the code to see how invoque it and deal will it .
thx :wink:

EDIT : woaw no it was better than that
<bind key="function-1" modifier="ctrl" command="ConsoleKeys::BringConsole"/>
great !
edit : but not working ... :mrgreen:
You even probably never have used it because of windows system :
//Register commands
//COmmand Interpretor Seems to break VC8, so I'm leaving disabled for now - Patrick, Dec 24
if ( XMLSupport::parse_bool( vs_config->getVariable( "general", "command_interpretor", "false" ) ) ) {
CommandInterpretor = new commandI;
InitShipCommands();
}
I don't know who is patrick and when he was a coder for VS , but without a valid CommandInterpretor , BringConsole does nothing :
void BringConsole( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState )
{
//this way, keyboard state stays synchronized
if (newState == RELEASE)
{
// here she said hello ...
MessageBox(NULL,"HELLO","HELLO",MB_OK);

if (CommandInterpretor)
{
// never said hello here...
MessageBox(NULL,"HELLO","HELLO",MB_OK);
winsys_set_keyboard_func( (winsys_keyboard_func_t) &commandI::keypress );
CommandInterpretor->console = true;
#ifdef HAVE_SDL
SDL_EnableUNICODE( true );
#endif
}
}
}
I suggest that Klauss ( or someone with a linux or Mac os) tries to set
vs_config->getVariable( "general", "command_interpretor", "true" )
and hit tje bringConsole key , just to know if the console is actually working .
I did it but like patrick said the game crashed ...

If we can talk to VS module or Director module via a console , we have direct access to
objects like cameras , IA etc ... , and we have then a cool sandbox ( spacebox here ) for
experiment in live new scripts .
That is cool because the game could turn in editor .

okay , i go check the 'TextMessage ' func now .
:D

if (!track.HasWeapons())
            {
            }
Vegastrike evolved
DEV YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Vegastrike evolved wiki
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Post by Deus Siddis »

@ klauss & jackS

So then it sounds like this could be tackled as two separate tasks at least, with the first being mostly python.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

I think so, except crowded systems without specialized AI might feel weird.
Wing Commander Universe
ezee
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Post by ezee »

... and the Jacks's menu system .
Off topic:
Orbiting around the offtopic's sun
Remember :
One logical starting place for fostering this sort of development would actually be to have the tutorial be a top-level game menu option (or a submenu of scenarios, including a tutorial) rather than the current approach of grafting Oswald onto the beginning of UtCS. This would require some (long-overdue) engine tweakery, but it's not major surgery, per se (the new-game option is just loading a copy of a read-only save game -- this just requires selecting among different read-only savegames with the initial scenario states ... and someone to redo the menu).
That was relative to time travel ( and not time of travel in SPEC ) , and a way to explore
the game lanes at different epochs .

Hey ! We even can simulate the epoch where the vessels hadn't SPEC enabled .
This way , everybody is happy !
You don't like spec ? Go 1K years before in the campain menu listbox .
:?:

But hey , i try to figure out how works the MENU SYSTEM with GUI today , and it's more black magic than c++ code .
:shock:
edit : I think i get it , that must be a python trick , because following :
if (_Universe) {
if (isgamemenu)
UniverseUtil::startMenuInterface( true );
else
_Universe->Loop( bootstrap_main_loop );
goes nowhere that make sense ... captions , buttons are created but not visible .

So if someone knows it secret , please PM .
:mrgreen:

edit : :!: the secret is revealed here http://forums.vega-strike.org//viewtopic.php?t=13255
Last edited by ezee on Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

if (!track.HasWeapons())
            {
            }
Vegastrike evolved
DEV YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Vegastrike evolved wiki
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Post by Deus Siddis »

klauss wrote:I think so, except crowded systems without specialized AI might feel weird.
The solution is to use the current spawn density as the maximum for crowded systems. Just turn down the density for backwater systems. No AI changes necessary then.
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

ezee wrote:... and the Jacks's menu system .
Off topic:
Orbiting around the offtopic's sun
Remember :
One logical starting place for fostering this sort of development would actually be to have the tutorial be a top-level game menu option (or a submenu of scenarios, including a tutorial) rather than the current approach of grafting Oswald onto the beginning of UtCS. This would require some (long-overdue) engine tweakery, but it's not major surgery, per se (the new-game option is just loading a copy of a read-only save game -- this just requires selecting among different read-only savegames with the initial scenario states ... and someone to redo the menu).
What engine tweakery? It only requires:
1) Making a specialized mission. Much like Modelview. Or maybe fix/expansion for Modelview.
2) Binding this mission into main menu.
The only tweakery this approach makes even more desirable than it is anyway (rather than specifically necessary for it) is a way to exit from an ongoing game (baseinterface?) to the main menu, not only quit-to-desktop like now. And even this could be done from Python (base room nodes).
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
ezee
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Post by ezee »

is a way to exit from an ongoing game (baseinterface?) to the main menu, not only quit-to-desktop like now.
Bravo !
That's what i study today , in the gameloop .
There is no gamestate in the actual code , like :
enum E_GameState { "mainmenu","optionsmenu","running" , etc ... }

Instead , we have a bootstrap system with callbacks fonctions :
void bootstrap_first_loop()
477 {
478 static int i = 0;
479 static std::string ss = vs_config->getVariable( "graphics", "splash_screen", "vega_splash.ani" );
480 static std::string sas = vs_config->getVariable( "graphics", "splash_audio", "" );
481 static bool isgamemenu = XMLSupport::parse_bool( vs_config->getVariable( "graphics", "main_menu", "false" ) );
482 if (i == 0) {
483 vector< string >s = parse_space_string( ss );
484 vector< string >sa = parse_space_string( sas );
485 int snum = time( NULL )%s.size();
486 SplashScreen = new Animation( s[snum].c_str(), 0 );
487 if ( sa.size() && sa[0].length() ) muzak->GotoSong( sa[snum%sa.size()] );
488 bs_tp = new TextPlane();
489 }
490 bootstrap_draw( "Vegastrike Loading...", SplashScreen );
491 if (i++ > 4) {
492 if (_Universe) {
493 if (isgamemenu)
494 UniverseUtil::startMenuInterface( true );
495 else
496 _Universe->Loop( bootstrap_main_loop );
497 }
498 }
499 }
Perhaps a simple
else if ( userpressedEsc ) { UniverseUtil::startMenuInterface( true );}
I will try that tonight .
Edit : bah no , because it's in the first loop only ...
I will search a way in _Universe->Loop( bootstrap_main_loop );
doc about : http://spacetechs.free.fr/VEGASTRIKEDEV ... tml#l00507

I think i got it :
void bootstrap_main_loop()
{
static bool LoadMission = true;
static bool loadLastSave = XMLSupport::parse_bool( vs_config->getVariable( "general", "load_last_savegame", "false" ) );

InitTime();

if (LoadMission) --> first loop pass only !
{
LoadMission = false; // will never reenter here after that !
active_missions.push_back( mission = new Mission( mission_name ) );
mission->initMission();

i cut the content that is not useful for our understanding
YOU SEE THAT ?
_Universe->Loop( main_loop );
///return to idle func which now should call main_loop mohahahah
if ( XMLSupport::parse_bool( vs_config->getVariable( "splash", "auto_hide", "true" ) ) )
UniverseUtil::hideSplashScreen();
}
///Draw Texture
}
So we should add code for the "ESC to Menu " in that mainloop , outside of if (LoadMission) , in the place of " ///Draw Texture " .

because when LoadMission=false , the mainloop for the game engine looks like :
void bootstrap_main_loop()
{
static bool LoadMission = true;// only for the first loop !!
static bool loadLastSave = XMLSupport::parse_bool( vs_config->getVariable( "general", "load_last_savegame", "false" ) );
InitTime(); --> need to check that before tweaking ahead

///Draw Texture
}

if (!track.HasWeapons())
            {
            }
Vegastrike evolved
DEV YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Vegastrike evolved wiki
ezee
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Post by ezee »

"The snake is long, seven miles
Ride the snake...he's old, and his skin is cold " Jim Morrison

I was wrong , again .
because of that
YOU SEE THAT ?
_Universe->Loop( main_loop );

But not totally !

That snake go in an other wormhole that is called
void main_loop(){
//Evaluate number of loops per second each XX loops
if (loop_count == 500) {
last_check = cur_check;
cur_check = getNewTime();
if (last_check != 1) {
//Time to update test
avg_loop = ( (nb_checks-1)*avg_loop+( loop_count/(cur_check-last_check) ) )/(nb_checks);
nb_checks = nb_checks+1;
}
loop_count = -1;
}
loop_count++;

//Execute DJ script
Music::MuzakCycle();

_Universe->StartDraw();
if (myterrain)
myterrain->AdjustTerrain( _Universe->activeStarSystem() );
if (Network != NULL)
for (size_t jj = 0; jj < _Universe->numPlayers(); jj++)
Network[jj].checkMsg( NULL );

#ifndef NO_GFX
VSFileSystem::vs_dprintf(3, "Drawn %d vertices in %d batches\n",
gl_vertices_this_frame,
gl_batches_this_frame);
gl_vertices_this_frame = 0;
gl_batches_this_frame = 0;
#endif

//Commit audio scene status to renderer
if (g_game.sound_enabled)
Audio::SceneManager::getSingleton()->commit();
}
MWAh AH AH AH adlib .... :evil:
So what now ?
Off topic:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEC8nqT6Rrk[/youtube]

edit : there is already a back to game function :
void restore_main_loop()
{
RestoreKB();
RestoreMouse();
GFXLoop( main_loop );
}
and also a quit to desktop
BUT NO
bool GameMenu::processExitTOMENUGameButton( const EventCommandId &command, Control *control )
So add this c++ function could be a solution .

the snake , again ... :mrgreen:
so that dream function exists !
bool GameMenu::processMainMenuButton( const EventCommandId &command, Control *control )
{
window()->findControlById( "MainMenu" )->setHidden( false );
window()->findControlById( "MultiPlayerMenu" )->setHidden( true );
return true;
}
But not already used ?
Is that just a question of key mapping ??

woaw , i'm near the heart of the beast
void InitializeInput()
{
BindKey( 27, 0, 0, Quit, KBData() ); //always have quit on esc
}
the actual cockpitKeys are :
namespace CockpitKeys
{
void SkipMusicTrack( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void PitchDown( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void PitchUp( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void YawLeft( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void YawRight( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void LookDown( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void LookUp( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void LookLeft( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void LookRight( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void Inside( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void ZoomOut( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void ZoomIn( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void ZoomReset( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void InsideLeft( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void InsideRight( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void InsideBack( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void SwitchLVDU( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void SwitchRVDU( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void SwitchMVDU( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void SwitchULVDU( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void SwitchURVDU( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void SwitchUMVDU( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void CommModeVDU( const KBData &, KBSTATE );
void ObjectiveModeVDU( const KBData &, KBSTATE );
void TargetModeVDU( const KBData &, KBSTATE );
void ManifestModeVDU( const KBData &, KBSTATE );
void DamageModeVDU( const KBData &, KBSTATE );
void GunModeVDU( const KBData &, KBSTATE );
void MissileModeVDU( const KBData &, KBSTATE );
void ScanningModeVDU( const KBData &, KBSTATE );
void ReverseGunModeVDU( const KBData &, KBSTATE );
void ReverseMissileModeVDU( const KBData &, KBSTATE );
void ViewModeVDU( const KBData &, KBSTATE );
void ScrollUp( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void ScrollDown( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void Behind( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void Pan( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void PanTarget( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void ViewTarget( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void OutsideTarget( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void Quit( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void TextMessageKey( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState );
void QuitNow();
}
Add a void MENU() fonction here ?

and i think i've found a hack for create a console in the cockpit and talk to the matrix :
void TextMessageKey( const KBData&, KBSTATE newState )
{
if (newState == PRESS) {
static bool chat_only_in_network =
XMLSupport::parse_bool( vs_config->getVariable( "network", "chat_only_in_network", "false" ) );

if ( (Network == NULL) && chat_only_in_network )
return;--> I WILL BYPASS THAT AND CREATE A HACK

winsys_set_keyboard_func( TextMessageCallback );
textmessager = _Universe->CurrentCockpit();
}
}
Cool ! :lol:
but my offtopic may be too long ... so i open a new [WIP] for the INGAME MENU :
http://forums.vega-strike.org/viewtopic ... 56&t=19818

back to SPEC ?
:mrgreen:

if (!track.HasWeapons())
            {
            }
Vegastrike evolved
DEV YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Vegastrike evolved wiki
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Not sure what you're looking at, but the main menu is a kind of "base", which the starting script of the default mission just loads up.

If I'm not mistaking, exiting to main menu should be as simple as calling the C equivalent of

Base.LoadBaseInterface("main_menu")
Now... doing so, won't unload the save game, but it will provide a way to load a new save game (including the new campaign save game), and quit the game, which should be equivalent.
Wing Commander Universe
ezee
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Post by ezee »

Not sure what you're looking at
be sure : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuOV-wj ... e=youtu.be

if (!track.HasWeapons())
            {
            }
Vegastrike evolved
DEV YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Vegastrike evolved wiki