Win32 - VS.exe and VSnoPGO.exe

Development directions, tasks, and features being actively implemented or pursued by the development team.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Win32 - VS.exe and VSnoPGO.exe

Post by pheonixstorm »

In trunk there are 2 windows binaries that I have compiled. One uses plain whole program optimization while the other uses Profile-Guided Opt. I really don't know if there is any speed difference between the two though based on the PGO page at microsoft.com ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... s.71).aspx ) there could or should be a noticeable increase in speed. In the save game that I have running I have not gotten very far into the game so I need someone who has gone far or been in areas of the game that see a lot of action or a larger number of objects to let me know if you notice any real difference in game lag.

So far the only thig I have really noticed is the size of the exe for the PGO vs nonPGO is about 2mb size difference between the two. So, let me know what your experience is with the new exe
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo