Feature Focus - Priorities

Development directions, tasks, and features being actively implemented or pursued by the development team.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Feature Focus - Priorities

Post by pheonixstorm »

I know there are a lot of feature requests floating around but has anyone put together a list of highest to lowest feature priority? After this refactor/bug hunt release is out will the next release start creeping features back in?

In any event, this thread can be used to sort or store future features that will get added in at some point in the near future. Maybe make it a little easier to see what all the current coders have agree to put in over the next few releases at least.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Re: Feature Focus - Priorities

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Sounds like a good idea. Maybe if you could list the feature requests with a link to the forum thread, or put them into a spreadsheet, then we could add columns for direct benefits score, fringe benefits score, and estimated time to implement; and then we can compute a priority score.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

sounds like a plan.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
Mets
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Mets »

Seems like a lot of work, why don't we just come up with a list of features and give them a 1-2-3 score. Devs can work on the priority 1's first, and go from there.
Shark
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Shark »

Formal bugtracking systems usually have features to manage/assign severity and priority to tasks. It might be a good time to start using one. See:

http://bugs.povray.org/