To help with these efforts we are looking for folks to help test the game for general stability (no show stoppers).
At present we are releasing on Linux platforms (see https://github.com/vegastrike/Vega-Stri ... rm-Support) as we do not have the CI build system up and going for Mac or Windows yet. If you are willing and able to help test on these platforms we'd be very grateful of your support.
Current Target Platforms:
- Debian APT Packaging:
- Ubuntu 16.04 (Bionic), 18.04 (Xenial), and 20.04 (Focal)
- Debian 9 (Stretch), 10 (Buster)
- RPM Packaging:
- Fedora 32,33
- CentOS 8
- OpenSuSE 15.2 (Leap)
- Source Packaging (if you're game)
- https://gitter.im/vegastrike/community where all the devs are hanging out so feedback will be very quick
- https://github.com/vegastrike/Vega-Stri ... rce/issues if you want to file a GitHub issue for bugs
- maliing lists:
- https://github.com/vegastrike/Vega-Stri ... e/releases (VS Engine)
- https://github.com/vegastrike/Assets-Pr ... n/releases (VS:Upon the Coldest Sea game)
What do you need to do?
- Pay attention to the GitHub locations and/or Gitter for new releases coming out in the pre-release state.
- Install the appropriate package for your Linux System
- Play the game for a bit and let us know how it's doing.
- Network Game Play
- Mac and Windows releases