Request for a mod...

Forum For Privateer Remake
commander klank
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Request for a mod...

Post by commander klank »

Hi guys,

Just started playing Privateer again after a 10 year break and I must say thanks to all those who brought this game back.

Anyways I have a request/idea. Could you guys make a mod that lets you start out with a few million bucks?

PLEASE :!:
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

I know it's confusing with the two different forums, but *please* don't post twice about the same thing. It's impolite.

Many people probably will see your message, but they did not have the time to respond in only 30 minutes.

Anyway, you can change the number of credits. They are located in the "explore_universe.mission" file in the "missions" folder. Open it with a text editor (Notepad or Wordpad, but not Microsoft word), and look for a credits line, and add a few 0's to it.

Be careful not to touch anything other than the numeric digits. Otherwise it could cause the game not to start.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

some of the games come with a New_Game savegame already made in your .vegastrike directory--if that's the case you have to go in there and edit the credits there manually as well
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
commander klank
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by commander klank »

Thanks guys I'll give it a try tonight. Sorry about the double post I thought they were two differnt game systems with the same engine.... :oops:

Just loade dup new game: I'm in the money now, thanks guys. :D
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Well now that you have all that money you can try to buy the confederation off me, but you'll have to try to break my record of 10m credits for that. I played day and night to get that.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2