Is the Game Manual link broken?

Forum For Privateer Remake
Spoe71
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Is the Game Manual link broken?

Post by Spoe71 »

Hi folks. I'm new to the Privateer Remake website; in fact, I just downloaded the game! I couldn't believe when I saw it. I said to myself, "Dang...I sure wish I could play Privateer again." Then, poof, there you were! Great job so far fellas. This must have been one heck of a job, but I'm glad you did it. It's fun being able to play this game again after so many years.

My question is this: is there a game manual for Remake? the link on the homepage seems to be broken (for me anyway). There are a few problems I'm having, such as using the tractor beam. If I remember right, F5 used to give one the turret view; however, it doesn't seem to work for Remake.

Thanks again for all the great work you guys have done. I locked myself in my room and told my wife not to expect me for dinner until I have a new Steltek gun :)

Sincerely,
Scott
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

The Remake was done a couple of years ago. Its developer, Mamiya Otaru, has been "on vacation" since the last release, but rumors have it he's coming back soon to remake the remake. For now, there's an expansion pack in active development for the remake, called Privateer Universe, if you'd like extra missions and flying various other ships. See the link in my signature.
I don't know about the manual, but to change to the turrets you can scroll with the square bracket key, "]". In PU you can get autotracking for the turrets, which is more practical: You just press Ctrl-W and they target and fire automatically. And... Welcome! ;-)
Last edited by chuck_starchaser on Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoe71
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by Spoe71 »

Thanks for the tip! I'll go check it out now :) I feel like a kid with a new toy...er..well..guess I should say I feel like one of my kids with a new toy.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

The manual.pdf can be found in your /Privateer installation folder.

And welcome...