Modder question textures Weapon, Ship, Background.

Forum For Privateer Remake
S1Genocide
Trader
Trader

Modder question textures Weapon, Ship, Background.

Post by S1Genocide »

How do you change weapon color or textures? I am a modder I only need a step/push in the right direction.

:?:

Whenever I change a texture it stays the same. Am I missing a txt file or xml file I have to edit somewhere too?
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Depending on what you already did... /textures/weapons for example contains the image files you need for changing gun fire appearance. Ship textures are within their /units/shipname directories.

Be aware to respect the resolution or you might get weird outcomes.
S1Genocide
Trader
Trader

Post by S1Genocide »

Dilloh wrote:Depending on what you already did... /textures/weapons for example contains the image files you need for changing gun fire appearance. Ship textures are within their /units/shipname directories.

Be aware to respect the resolution or you might get weird outcomes.
C:\Program Files\Vegastrike\Privateer\weapon_list.xml

- <Bolt name="Plasma" mountsize="heavy">
<Energy rate="17" stability="6" refire=".65" />
<Damage rate="9.75" phasedamage="0.25" longrange="1" />
<Distance speed="1200" radialspeed=".8" radius="1.5" length="12" pulsespeed="15" range="3195" />
<Appearance file="weapons/ion.png" soundwav="Plasma.wav" r="1" g=".8" b="1" a="1" />
</Bolt>

changed to

- <Bolt name="Plasma" mountsize="heavy">
<Energy rate="17" stability="6" refire=".65" />
<Damage rate="9.75" phasedamage="0.25" longrange="1" />
<Distance speed="1200" radialspeed=".8" radius="1.5" length="12" pulsespeed="15" range="3195" />
<Appearance file="weapons/plasma.png" soundwav="Plasma.wav" r="1" g=".8" b="1" a="1" />
</Bolt>
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

So you only changed the png file. Did you create a bolt file on your own, or did you use the stock PR plasma.png?

Also, did you try buying a new gun after you did your changes? Sometimes, your savegame stores informations about your old settings, even if you changed basic stats.
S1Genocide
Trader
Trader

Post by S1Genocide »

Dilloh wrote:So you only changed the png file. Did you create a bolt file on your own, or did you use the stock PR plasma.png?

Also, did you try buying a new gun after you did your changes? Sometimes, your savegame stores informations about your old settings, even if you changed basic stats.
I made my own bright green plasma bolt but you guys switched the png file on me to ion so no matter what I changed it to it wouldn't change to green.

But that was the only problem so far I had modding.