Is it possible to fly a broadsword?

Forum For Privateer Remake

Is it possible to fly a broadsword?

Postby Hathur » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:04 pm

Can the broadsword be flown/purchased anywhere? If not, has anyone made a mod to allow it? I loved the broadsword in Wing Commander 2, it felt like a true old-fashion bomber, I'd love to fly it again.
Hathur
Explorer
Explorer
 
Posts: 12
Topics: 8
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:27 am

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Digg Digg

Postby Anscar » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:30 pm

Yes, you can fly the Broadsword.

SPOILER
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
You can either buy it or capture it. Don't recall exactly when it's available for sale, but it's certainly available at Perry once you start the RF storyline. Check under "ships" in the equipment menu at the Ship Dealer. You need a large ship to capture a Broadsword. A Paradigm will easily do the job; a Drayman might, but not sure about that, since I've never captured one.
Anscar
Hunter
Hunter
 
Posts: 91
Topics: 18
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:56 pm

Postby Hathur » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:41 pm

Ah ok, haven't got to the RF missions yet.

I wasn't aware its possible to capture fighters, how do you actually capture them?

Also, will the confed Sabre be possible to buy once I do the RF missions? When I go to perry all I can see for sale are the raptor, hornet, ferret etc.. various militia ships but no stilleto, sabre or broadsword yet.
Hathur
Explorer
Explorer
 
Posts: 12
Topics: 8
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:27 am

Postby micheal_andreas_stahl » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:55 pm

Yes you can.

Once you finish the original Privateer campaign you can access the Broadsword, stiletto and others.

the sabre, IIRC is tied in with another campaign.

For more info on the PU (raptor, hornet, ferret are part of it) go to Parallel Universe.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
User avatar
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter
 
Posts: 1030
Topics: 47
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:02 am
Location: Gemini, Troy, Helen

Postby Anscar » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:06 am

I've really got to install PU. I'm currently replaying WC and I've got an itch to fly some WC ships in PR.

I've got the current version of PU on my harddrive, but was holding off till I finish all the PR bonus storyline possibilities. Also, I read here that a new version of PU will be out soon, so I was kind of waiting for that.
Anscar
Hunter
Hunter
 
Posts: 91
Topics: 18
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:56 pm

Postby Hathur » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:38 am

Thanks for the info folks, I'm really loving this remake..

I wasn't aware the remake came with its own custom campaign.. where can I start it? I have parallel universe and I know where to start that one (don't intend to until I upgrade my humble tarsus heh), but I wasn't aware remake came with its own too.
Hathur
Explorer
Explorer
 
Posts: 12
Topics: 8
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:27 am

Postby S1Genocide » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:00 am

Any plans to give the broadsword a cockpit or make it more upgradeable? For PU that is.
S1Genocide
Trader
Trader
 
Posts: 29
Topics: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:46 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Postby Anscar » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:29 pm

Hathur wrote:Thanks for the info folks, I'm really loving this remake..

I wasn't aware the remake came with its own custom campaign.. where can I start it? I have parallel universe and I know where to start that one (don't intend to until I upgrade my humble tarsus heh), but I wasn't aware remake came with its own too.


Munchen refinery in Tingerhoff.
Anscar
Hunter
Hunter
 
Posts: 91
Topics: 18
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:56 pm

Postby Dilloh » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:29 am

Anscar wrote:Don't recall exactly when it's available for sale
After the drone is destroyed and you had your final chat with Terell, you'll get Stilettos, Broadswords and Paradigms for sale at Perry.
Hathur wrote:Also, will the confed Sabre be possible to buy once I do the RF missions?
The Sabre is part of PU, which you already seem to have installed for you're having Ferrets & Co. Sabres are free for sale and should be available @ Perry.
Anscar wrote:I've got the current version of PU on my harddrive, but was holding off till I finish all the PR bonus storyline possibilities.
No need for that, PU currently only adds new ships and stuff.
Anscar wrote:I read here that a new version of PU will be out soon, so I was kind of waiting for that.
We're currently awaiting z30's basemod, after that it's a matter of a few hours to start off :D
S1Genocide wrote:Any plans to give the broadsword a cockpit or make it more upgradeable? For PU that is.
z30 is currently importing canon WC1/2 cockpits, I guess there'll be a BS cockpit in, too. What exactly do you mean with "more upgradeable? Do you fly a stock one, or a milspec one?
User avatar
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter
 
Posts: 1149
Topics: 25
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:56 am
Location: Black Forest, Germany

Postby S1Genocide » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:33 am

S1Genocide wrote:Any plans to give the broadsword a cockpit or make it more upgradeable? For PU that is.
z30 is currently importing canon WC1/2 cockpits, I guess there'll be a BS cockpit in, too. What exactly do you mean with "more upgradeable? Do you fly a stock one, or a milspec one?[/quote]

Theres a milspec one? I can't tell which one I'm using the one that only has class 3 shields and can only add one turret. I want to be able to upgrage the turrets to particle cannons but I can only change one turret in the rear?
S1Genocide
Trader
Trader
 
Posts: 29
Topics: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:46 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Postby Dilloh » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:51 am

IIRC, every time a new ship is available you can buy both milspec and blank editions, if not only milspec (like for paradigms, draymans, centurions, orions and galaxys). So you're most likely flying a milspec broadsword. Check out your ship stats at the upgrade computer, you should see an entry called "stock" or "milspec" right at the beginning of the stats.
User avatar
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter
 
Posts: 1149
Topics: 25
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:56 am
Location: Black Forest, Germany

Postby Anscar » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:18 pm

Anscar wrote:I've got the current version of PU on my harddrive, but was holding off till I finish all the PR bonus storyline possibilities.
Dilloh wrote:No need for that, PU currently only adds new ships and stuff.
Anscar wrote:I read here that a new version of PU will be out soon, so I was kind of waiting for that.
We're currently awaiting z30's basemod, after that it's a matter of a few hours to start off :D
S1Genocide wrote:Any plans to give the broadsword a cockpit or make it more upgradeable? For PU that is.
z30 is currently importing canon WC1/2 cockpits, I guess there'll be a BS cockpit in, too. What exactly do you mean with "more upgradeable? Do you fly a stock one, or a milspec one?


My main concern is avoiding having to start a new game after I install PU. It was my (possibly mistaken) understanding from an earlier thread that the new version of PU will contain new storylines.....and that if I installed the current version now, I'd have to start a new game to access those new storylines after I installed the new PU version. Have I misunderstood something here?
Anscar
Hunter
Hunter
 
Posts: 91
Topics: 18
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:56 pm

Postby Dilloh » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:04 am

The current version of PU can be installed at any time and won't affect your savegame, despite of possible discrepancies between stock ships which would possibly result in that you cannot sell them any more, but nobody reported something like that so far.

The new version will contain new storylines, and starting a new game there would be highly recommended for the sake of having a good game balance, but it is not absolutely necessary... most important will be to complete the missions in Troy ASAP for they'll be locking vital equipment.

Wrong forum btw... sorry Mayima :oops:
User avatar
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter
 
Posts: 1149
Topics: 25
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:56 am
Location: Black Forest, Germany



Return to Privateer Remake

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron